Latest FTX Vector for P3D v4 control panel settings problem

Sheldo

Hi,

Is anyone else having this problem ?

When I try to run Airport Elevation Corrections tab it asks for me to choose a simulator from the drop down first (mine is greyed out ) see attached pic

All the best

Keith

ORBX FTX Vector problem Capture.GIF

Hi TTM,

Yes I'm running FSX SE,P3Dv2, V3.5 and 4,I have tried everything I know and still no option appears in v4 ,have you had any more sucess ?

Regards

Keith

21 hours ago, Sheldo said:

Hi TTM,

Yes I'm running FSX SE,P3Dv2, V3.5 and 4,I have tried everything I know and still no option appears in v4 ,have you had any more sucess ?

Regards

Keith

No more success.

Have compared via Regedit the Registry paths Nick gave.

Re P3D V3.4 & P3D V4 . Apart from the Drive alpha, no differences that I could spot.

Would be interested if anyone who can get Vector AEC working in V4 chimes in & says if they have more than one simulator on their PC.

I wonder if having more than 1 sim is a clue?

TTM

55 minutes ago, Holy Cheese said:

I have both P3Dv3.4 and P3Dv4 on my PC and have no trouble running the AEC Auto Configuration on either version.

Cheers

Jack

Thanks Jack

You're the guinea pig:)

I'm on a V3.4 & V4 structure too. Please bear with me re queries.

Do you have V3.4 & V4 on different SSD or HD's?

Did you have Vector running with V3.4, then when V4 came along, installed V4, then via FTX Central, choosing V4, download Vector again & install it for V4?

TTM

Hi TTM,

at work at the moment but will answer as best I can.

I have v3.4 on D:\Prepar3D v3 and v4 on E:\Prepar3D v4 - this is a normal 2 TB HDD  partitioned into 2 equal parts.

Yes, as you say I had Vector running perfectly in v3.4. When P3Dv4 came along I downloaded and installed it. When Vector for v4 was released, I installed this as usual through FTX Central.

I have to say (touching a lot of wood as I do so) that since I installed my first ORBX product I don't know how long ago, I have never had any installation problems with ORBX, nor have any of the products caused me any problems that were not compatibility issues in conjunction with other non-ORBX products, and those were easily resolved by following the instructions here in the compatibility forum.

I must also say I always keep my Windows 10 fully up to date as well as updating sceneries, aircraft etc as soon as updates are available.

Hope this helps.

Jack

Thanks Jack

Where we differ is I have V3.4 on the "P" SSD drive & V4 on the "S" SSD.

I note you have both on 1 partitioned HD.

Also I am on Win7.

But the update matter rings a bell . I have been caught before getting behind with Win updates .

Will check that out.

AS you can see, scratching around for any clue.:)

My gut feeling is I have a pathway wrong somewhere.

TTM

On 8/7/2017 at 4:58 AM, Sheldo said:

Well that update yesterday  in Global base has solved it for me I now get the P3D v4 option in Vector,well done ORBX

Congratulations.

Hasn't fixed my AEC issue.

Did a complete uninstall/reinstall of Global & Vector, but no change.

I think I'll be doing manual height adjustments, if needed.:)

My FTX Central 3 version shows as v3.2.2.1.  Is yours the same?

Thanks

TTM

Hi TTM,

Well I think you may have a typo error mine is  v3.2.1.1 ?

Now here's an update for you, my P3Dv4 option in AEC has dissappeared now !!

I'll be reloading FTX Global and Vector again tonight so I 'll report back with status later.

How frustrating is this !

Regards

Keith

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your comment ,but sorry what is "the opt out version" please?

I have re-downloaded the latest version tonight and it is the same version as before.

Sorry if I'm not understanding something

Regards

Keith

Hi again Nick,

I am attaching a pic taken this morning clearly showing P3D v4 with Cardiff airport ??

I would appreciate your comment please as last week after the release of FTX Global update my FTX Vector AEC problem was solved (it was showing my selected simulator ie P3D v4 in a "greyed out" form.)

Then after I've installed FSUIPC5 it won't display now ??

Regards

Keith

FTX CENTRAL Capture.GIF

Yes I knew that ,but it was because you had said No airports would show was why I sent you the pic.

However it now confirms my position by my latest pic sent to you (must have crossed in the post )

I will now be running AEC and see what happens

Regards

Keith

Yes it is but it just disappeared after installing FSUIPC5 was what i found frustrating .

Anyhow I will push on while its working again now,thanks for your support,I'll keep you posted if it happens again

All the best

Keith

Sheldo

Nick was correct re v3.2.2.1

I can see via FTX Central 3, Simulator P3D v4 option,  all my purchased Orbx airports.

The ones that have not been downloaded into v4 are headed "Not Installed".

I am working through them. They download pretty quickly.

I think a clue is "FSUIPC5".

You say twice above: "Yes it is but it just disappeared after installing FSUIPC5".

I have FSUIPC5 loaded. I may take it out & see what that does. (If I can be sure I'l get it back on again):)

TTM 

Hi TTM

You will find Windows control panel if you look at "System2 in the main menu.

Then look for "programs and features" ,then locate Prepar3d v4 from list of installed programs (you will find 4 headings start at the first)right click on mouse and you will get an option (Uninstall,Change or Repair) choose repair,do this for the other 3 and restart.

Hope this works for you it did for me.

Please let me know how it goes

All the best

Keith

2 hours ago, Sheldo said:

Good morning TTM,

One other thing you would be wise to do is when you are all done run Pete Dowson's  "make runways" you will find it in the main P3D v4 folder

Hi

Ok

BTW, just looking in Control Panel at Programs & Features & have located P3D v4.

However your refer to 4 headings. I have only 3

- Academic Client

- Content

- Scenery

What extra one do you have?

I have same 3 headings for v3.4 & its AEC works.

I will run repairs  & see what happens.

TTM

Brilliant!

It works now!! Thank you Sheldo

What happened was after the "Repairs" & when I opened FTX Central3, a pop up screen appeared introducing FTX Central v3.2.2.2. (I was on v3.2.2.1)

It had a couple of 1 liners about Features & Changes.

Then when I went into Settings & chose Vector & opened it & when I got to AEC the v4 was showing in the "Simulator" panel!

I think the key is running the v4 Repairs, & having FTX Central v3.2.2.2.  (It looks like the Repairs flushed it out? I don't quite understand the interrelationship between Orbx programs & P3D)

I don't know if FTXC3 v3.2.2.2 has  just come out & it was a coincidence, or  if it was out for a while & I missed getting it.

I suspect the latter because I recall reading a Release blurb from Ben & I think he said 3.2.2.2, but i didn't latch on to the fact & appreciate the significance  that I was on 3.2.2.1.

Anyway, I think Nick can mark this as resolved now from my perspective.

Thanks for all your help. Spared manually adjusting AEC:)

TTM

Archived