Uninstall did not happen automatically - openLC Europe

Hey Devs,

I recently tried to uninstall OpenLC Europe from my installation.  I did use FTX Central 3 and clicked on Uninstall.  It then tells me that it is uninstalled.

But I did see that all 10 directories plus eu lights is in my scenery.cfg and all the respective directories are still in my system.  I had to manually delete (please tell me that is this okay).

Why didn't FTX Central not do these steps when I click Uninstall.  I would like guidance on moving forward because some of these extra steps do cause time waste, as why this isn't working or is.  Uninstall should be uninstall - I felt I was just clicking uninstall on ftx Central v3 and I had to the manual process.  

I am worried during this manual deletion, I hope I did not break anything.  I have global, vector and openLC NA installed.

OpenLC Europe was installed in P3Dv3 but I have not yet installed this into my P3Dv4 installation also.

Thanks,

On 7/29/2017 at 11:26 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have tried this myself and you are quite right.

The files were not removed.

I will ask the question for you.

Hi Nick,

Thank You for the assistance, I hope fixes can be pushed through to FTX Central 3 regarding this.  I do have a need to uninstall some Orbx Products - what is the manual way? were the above steps mentioned for manual uninstall fine?

Archived