P3D v4 Vector Issue Near Koblenz, Germany

After installing the Vector update for P3D v4 today, I tried it out by departing EDRK (Winningen) which is just north of the Mosel and west of Koblenz and flying down the river towards Koblenz. Compared to the expected relatively flat river with a road on each side, the river and roads are shifted north towards the airport and "crawl" up the north bank.

The first picture shows the area with Vector disabled by clearing the respective checkboxes in the Scenery Library. The second pix is from the exact same viewpoint, but with Vector active. The third picture is a little lower so the effect of the river climbing the north bank is really obvious.

This on a clean install of v4 with HP1 and no European airports or any add-ons (including mesh) besides all Orbx European full fat regions, Global Base, and OLC Europe. To save anyone looking this up, the area is south of GEN.

EDRK Without Vector.jpg

EDRK with Vector.jpg

EDRK With Vector-2.jpg

Addendum: After running the update for FSX, I now have the same issue there, with the same workaround needed to put the Moselle (Mosel in German) back where it belongs.

BTW, that area of the Moselle and Rhine has always had hills and bumps on the two rivers. Just not as awful as they are now. Makes me want Orbx Germany South even more.

I had the same look with PILO'S 2010 FTX edition mesh (almost but not quite flat), so that's my fall-back if Orbx needs some time to work this. What does your look like directly south of EDRK and which sim is your picture from?

I just activated the updated Vector together with the PILOT'S mesh in FSX and it looks much better. Along the Moselle and Rhine, there's still many small dips, mini-hills, and banked water as in your picture, Doug, but without an add-on mesh, the problem is there. I'll see if v4 likes the PILOT'S mesh and report back.

There's a new problem caused by using PILOT'S FS 2010 FTX edition. While semi-fixing the original issue, the mesh creates a huge hole at the highway bridge east of EDRK and upstream a couple of miles from where the Moselle was climbing up a 500' cliff. This new issue seems to be a mesh-caused one, but if the Vector update hadn't caused the first issue, I wouldn't need to fix it with a third party mesh.

Picture 1 is an overhead, picture 2 is flying upriver, and 3 is approaching the bridge heading downriver.

EDRK Bridge Problem 1.jpg

EDRK Bridge Problem 2.jpg

EDRK Bridge Problem 3.jpg

Hello,

Please be aware that these errors are not new and are not being reported for the first time.

Vector is being given a fresh look because of P3Dv4 but it is the same product as it was in P3Dv3 and earlier.

Some date back to the release of FSX, such as the hole beneath the bridge and have never been resolved.

Archived