Install on two PC's

Ed, I saw what you posted.

If you are fortunate enough to afford two PCs to satisfy your hobby, then I am struggling to empathise with the issue of purchasing two copies as stipulated by our EULA.

Why did you lock the thread?  

Please, I was not being flippant or anything, all I wanted to know was the process on how to do this.  Do I have to uninstall everything from the first PC?

If I offended you in any way then I apologize but I thought this was a legitimate question, as I do not want to run Orbx stuff on two PC's.

I have never been in this situation before.  And the only reason I will have two PC's is because my mother died and she left me an inheritance so I can buy a new PC.

Just please tell me the steps I have to take to satisfy the EULA.

Do I uninstall everything from the first PC in all three sims, FSX, P3D v3, and P3D v4?

It is a legitimate question Jack. If I were doing it I'd reinstall everything on the new PC and then delete the ORBX folder from each sim on the old PC. I know reinstalling everything from scratch is a pain but that's the only way I know to ensure that it'll all work trouble-free. There are a couple of procedures around that would copy the ORBX folder from the old PC and then let FTXC3 rebuild the scenery library but I know from personal experience that it's not always a fool-proof method.

I'd do the reinstall in this order: FSX, then P3Dv3 and do P3Dv4 last. That way FTXC3 can use the P3Dv3 install to copy over most of the needed data needed by P3Dv4 from the P3Dv3 installation and avoid a lot of extra downloading..........Doug

Just now, Triplane said:

It is a legitimate question Jack. If I were doing it I'd reinstall everything on the new PC and then delete the ORBX folder from each sim on the old PC. I know reinstalling everything from scratch is a pain but that's the only way I know to ensure that it'll all work trouble-free. There are a couple of procedures around that would copy the ORBX folder from the old PC and then let FTXC3 rebuild the scenery library but I know from personal experience that it's not always a fool-proof method.

I'd do the reinstall in this order: FSX, then P3Dv3 and do P3Dv4 last. That way FTXC3 can use the P3Dv3 install to copy over most of the needed data needed by P3Dv4 from the P3Dv3 installation and avoid a lot of extra downloading..........Doug

Thanks Doug!  I do not plan on using the new PC for anything but V4.  The other PC will be for games or something else, running prime numbers for all I know.  No need for FSX or V3.

I was thinking about literally uninstalling everything one by one from the first PC?

Then since I have fiber, just downloading FTX and installing everything as a download, it will be the latest stuff?  Does this sound like a sound practice.

Let me be perfectly clear, I do not in any way want to violate the EULA, but having just read the EULA it gives no specifics on HOW to go about doing this.

That's all I was asking, and in no way were my intentions to violate the EULA.

I locked the thread because it may have turned into a pointless discussion of the details of the EULA, when it is quite clear & unambiguous.

FTX Central has a one-click Uninstall function which will manage things for you (& yes, you will need to do it for each product & sim)

Capture.JPG

Thank you Ed, this was exactly what I was looking for.  When I get the new one later this year I will do exactly that.

I just didn't want to get in trouble.

In fact, I'm going to do this for FSX tonight as I never use it.

36 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Doug!  I do not plan on using the new PC for anything but V4.  The other PC will be for games or something else, running prime numbers for all I know.  No need for FSX or V3.

I was thinking about literally uninstalling everything one by one from the first PC?

Then since I have fiber, just downloading FTX and installing everything as a download, it will be the latest stuff?  Does this sound like a sound practice.

Let me be perfectly clear, I do not in any way want to violate the EULA, but having just read the EULA it gives no specifics on HOW to go about doing this.

That's all I was asking, and in no way were my intentions to violate the EULA.

That makes it even easier Jack. If you're going to uninstall FSX and both P3D's from the old PC there's no need to first uninstall the ORBX stuff. After you uninstall the sims the ORBX folders, and some other stuff, will be left behind. All you have to do then is delete the main folders for the three sims and it's all cleaned up.

You can also do that to delete the existing FSX. Instead of deleting each product one-by-one all you need to do it uninstall FSX and then delete the main FSX folder. Easy, peasy.....

Downloading everything using FTXC3 for P3Dv4 will give you the latest versions. If your ISP has a  monthly data cap I'd also recommend using the installation option "Download and install now, then create a backup for later". That way you'll always have a local copy of the installer files just in case "stuff" happens..........Doug

1 hour ago, Triplane said:

That makes it even easier Jack. If you're going to uninstall FSX and both P3D's from the old PC there's no need to first uninstall the ORBX stuff. After you uninstall the sims the ORBX folders, and some other stuff, will be left behind. All you have to do then is delete the main folders for the three sims and it's all cleaned up.

You can also do that to delete the existing FSX. Instead of deleting each product one-by-one all you need to do it uninstall FSX and then delete the main FSX folder. Easy, peasy.....

Downloading everything using FTXC3 for P3Dv4 will give you the latest versions. If your ISP has a  monthly data cap I'd also recommend using the installation option "Download and install now, then create a backup for later". That way you'll always have a local copy of the installer files just in case "stuff" happens..........Doug

Thanks Doug.  I'm just gonna re-download them all one at a time since I don't have a cap on downloads.  With the new fiber they come down in seconds.  When I had DSL it took hours.

Archived