ENNK approach lights by foggy weather

gaab

Hello,

When I select the FSX weather theme "Fogged in", the approach lights of ENNK become white squares.

lCSvUr2.jpg

I am running FSX Acc in DX10 with "Steve's DX10SceneryFixer".

I can't say if this is new with 1.1 or was existing before : that's the first time I am trying such a frightening approach  :)

Gérard

Hi, I have not found any solution and I am seriously doubting that there is a solution for this in FSX. I have completely disassembled the scenery bit for bit and tried all kinds of settings on the lights and terrain without results.

Alternative solution: You can delete texture for the approach lights (or rename file extension to *.OFF if you want it back later) - At least it will look better in foggy weather.
ORBX \ FTX_EU \ FTX_AA_ENNK \ Texture \ norway_runway_lights_app.dds

Runway edgelighs will still be there!

Hello Tore,

I am not sure what I prefer ... no approach lights at all or keep them for "normal" operations.

I will check : rename to .off is a way to keep both...

So, no approach lights, no PLASI ? It becomes more and more difficult to land there.

I am deeply disappointed because I love this scenery :(

Any chance you take a new look at these problems ?

Gérard

Hello,

no disrespect intended, did you misunderstand this perhaps?

I am seriously doubting that there is a solution for this in FSX

I have completely disassembled the scenery bit for bit and tried

all kinds of settings on the lights and terrain without results.

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

no disrespect intended, did you misunderstand this perhaps?

No disrespect as well - I did understood but I was wondering why it seams to be specific to ENNK.... Hence the question.

Shall I switch to P3D ? Could somebody tell me how it look like in V3 (too early to consider V4)

Thanks for your interest.

Gérard

• Nick Cooper changed the title to ENNK approach lights by foggy weather

Hello,

I have looked at this for you and you should not be seeing this effect in FSX Gold and Direct X 10 with the Fixer.

Perhaps you might update the Fixer (3.3 is the latest version) and review your settings,

Here is what I see, the lights are only small because I choose to use a very small light size.

2017-7-1_10-12-28-717.jpg

here is the exact same shot in Direct X 9

2017-7-1_10-19-14-227.jpg

I cannot show you the airport in P3D v3 because I don't have it.

(The whole airport doesn't work at all in P3Dv4, only because there is not yet a working objectflow module.)

These are probably the settings you should check

Untitled.jpg

That certainly seems logical.  Looking at the manual (which I should have done in the first place), 100% seems to light up the trees based only on the sun's position.  Slider positions between 0% and 100% blend the lighting effects of the sun's position and the default lighting, which assumes the sun is directly overhead.  Wondering if P3D does this, too?

Nick,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Concerning dx10 fixer I have the lattest version (with cloud shadow). I am not home for one month, but I will check the parameters and various light size when I return.

What I get (white squates) and your test with dx9 (black squares) reminds me of square landing lights I had once, which was caused by an effect where one texture file was missing. (you can see the picture here).

I don't know if ENNK is using effects for the approach lights, but this could be something to check !

Thank you very much for your assistance

Gérard

• 1 month later...

Hello Nick,

I am back "in business"... and trying to follow your advices.

On 01/07/2017 at 11:25 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have looked at this for you and you should not be seeing this effect in FSX Gold and Direct X 10 with the Fixer.

Perhaps you might update the Fixer (3.3 is the latest version) and review your settings,

Here is what I see, the lights are only small because I choose to use a very small light size.

These are probably the settings you should check

Untitled.jpg

I have checked, and I have the same settings in the "Other Options" dialog.

But other options could interfere (like AntiAliasing : my settings = 8xCSAA).

Would you mind to send me a copy of your DX10.ini in the AppData\Local\DX10SceneryFixer ?

I would be very grateful.

I have also tried the airport option "Runway and approach lighting" : off a daytime  and on 24H, with no luck.

the lights are only small because I choose to use a very small light size 

Are you refering to the "Light Size" option of the Global Lights Configurator ?

Thanks you for your assistance ... and patience :)

Regards

Gérard

Archived