P3d v4 - waves are perpendicular to shore

ryanbatc

21 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Thanks, yes, it looks like it was a P3D default issue and LM has now released a hotfix that addresses this and other issues

Hello,

It's great that the vertical surf effect issue is solved on your machine.  Should others find this thread in the future I thought I might mention the following. Orbx PNW as well as other Orbx sceneries do not use the default surf effect, so that can't be the source of the issue here. Orbx has its own such effects.

The explanation is as follows: in P3D v4 effects that display on the water surface must have the entry 'Ground Decal=1' in the appropriate places in the effects file. If they do not, your screenshot illustrates what happens.  The latest Orbx libs have the necessary additions.

So I would guess that after you installed Orbx PNW (with outdated libs) the Orbx libs were not or did not get updated. Did FTXC3 notify you that an update to the Orbx libs was available?  (The hotfix did however address an issue where the textures for effects were displayed 'upside down' as you would look at the texture.)

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

This happened after the partial Freeware download for me. It remained after the Freeware was removed. All ORBX libs were updated via FTXC3 and all scenery areas were updated also before the Freeware load.    I re-loaded the P3DV4 client which repaired the waves, but then had to reload some A/C and FSUIPC.

I will now wait until the full Monty is available.  FYI.

Wayne

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:14 PM, Simu67 said:

Hi,

I have V4 HF1 + latest Orbxlibs,

Have wrong effects in Valdez (SAK installed).

:huh:

Regards

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:15 PM, waynelp said:

This happened after the partial Freeware download for me. It remained after the Freeware was removed. All ORBX libs were updated via FTXC3 and all scenery areas were updated also before the Freeware load.    I re-loaded the P3DV4 client which repaired the waves, but then had to reload some A/C and FSUIPC.

I will now wait until the full Monty is available.  FYI.

Wayne

Thanks for these reports guys!  We have confirmed in house that there is a problem and we are trying to track it down. It would be helpful to know what products, freeware or payware you have installed since the last time when you are sure that the waves were OK.  The waves on my machine are still working correctly, but I have only installed a couple of my SPBs recently.

In any case, deleting the version txt file for the library and then installing it again with FTXC3 should fix the issue.  (Deleting the version txt file forces FTXC3 to re-install.)

SITREP: The effects are working OK for me but just a small question for the developers if I may:

I had standard P3D V4, holgermesh and FTX AU installed. Breakers were flat on the ocean but cycled backwards. I installed HF1 and the latest Orbxlibs (when they came out) and the breakers now crash, on the shore, (but often slightly inland) as they should. I'm not sure if there are less effects over a given coastal area than before or it is my imagination?

Small thing: Is there any command line change I can make to get them to slow down a bit? Flying towards them in a chopper and they cycle un-naturally fast covering many meters in an instant.

Thanks again,

Aussie

Hi, 

Finally, the waves are wrong everywhere : New Zeeland or Northern Germany, (ORBX and LFMN (only LC = Global or Miquelon (only Global); and this after repairing HF1.

Last time it was OK / BEFORE UPDATING REGIONS AND ORBXLIBS AND INSTALLING AI SHIPS.... 

Archived