Motion simulator

boetie

I was just playing Dirt4 today, coincidentally.

Awesome hardware. I could save maybe 4K toward something like this, but I'm guessing it's gonna be more like 10+. Also, should go with the new Samsung 49" ultrawide instead of screens with bezels.

Wallet says no.

....and then, after spending 10-20k on a 3 phase motion platform and another 5k to put 3 phase power on, you realise that in a sim, 70% of your movement perception comes from your visual senses.

So, spending 5k on 3 beautiful high def short throw projectors and a 200degree wrap around screen yields better results and you can go down the pub with the boys for the next three years and buy them all drinks with the 15k you saved!

Frank

3 minutes ago, tennyson said:

....and then, after spending 10-20k on a 3 phase motion platform and another 5k to put 3 phase power on, you realise that in a sim, 70% of your movement perception comes from your visual senses.

One of the reasons I did not get the Virtuix Omni or equivalent apart from it only being available in the US

My Oculus Rift totally revolutionised my flight sim experience and every cent of the cost was worth it

Its now $200 cheaper than when it was released if you include the Touch controllers

You don't appear to be too far from Brisbane to buy in a shop but online shopping easier

50 minutes ago, tennyson said:

So, spending 5k on 3 beautiful high def short throw projectors and a 200degree wrap around screen yields better results and you can go down the pub with the boys for the next three years and buy them all drinks with the 15k you saved!

Or you could maybe also consider getting an even more realistic flying experience by taking flying lessons and spending your money on a private pilot's license instead... :)

Archived