Issue with Oslo - Prepar3d4

pmb

Hi,

unfortunately we don't have a Prepar3d4 forum yet, thus I'll try it here.

I made a short flight from Oslo Gardermoen to Oslo City yesterday after installing the four Prepar3d4 compatible Aerosoft Norway airports. When reaching Oslo City there are two very long buildings stetching through the City up into the sea:

Oslo_Issue.jpg

At first, I thought it might be an issue with the Aerosoft airports, although Gardermoen looks okay and Oslo City is quite a few miles South and scenery between Gardermoen and Oslo City seemed to be okay as well. At second, I though I might have messed up Autogen definitions when installing Tongass Fjords and Vancouver and usually I tend to ascribe errors to myself first. However, after seeing another report in Berlin (GEN) here

and one more in a German forum about a similar issue in Torgau (GEN), I am no longer sure if it's only my issue or a more general one.

Could someone confirm this issue? If not, what could be the reason for it? It yes, can we hope for a remedial action?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Hi guys,

that's a known issue with a specific type of building autogen (polyline buildings) and can show up globally wherever those buildings are placed. With P3Dv4 L-M have changed the precision of the placement code and inadvertently made some previously valid arrangements "invalid", leading to those elongated structures. 

There's an active discussion going on with L-M and several developers as it affects all landclass/autogen products, not just ours (it probably shows up in the default urban autogen as well). We'll probably have to track down and change all the affected buildings but the problem is that, at the moment, the P3Dv4 SDK annotation tools don't allow us to do so easily so we're hoping for some help from L-M in that regard.

In any case, we're aware of the issue and are working on it.

Cheers, Holger

Hi guys,

I just saw a message in the P3D Beta forum that L-M are intending to provide a hotfix for the Autogen SDK that will allow us to directly detect and replace the affected polyline buildings. No timeline given but "hot" would indicate "this century" :ph34r:

Cheers, Holger

Archived