Central v3.2.0.3

wombat

hi Guys,

I have been away for a while, just back and I have done the Central update to v3.2.0.3 hope this is correct, I have not installed P3Dv4, can I put P3Dv4 on a new drive ? I have P3Dv.3.4 on drive E and want to put P3Dv4 onto drive D an empty drive, can I do this ?    or will I have to move all of my Orbx stuff to drive D also ?

Welcome back wombat! Sorry, I cannot answer your question as I have not purchased P3D v4 yet (I am relocating soon, so flight deck all packed up). But, that topic has been discussed A LOT here lately, so if you search around I am sure you will find the answer on this forum. Again, welcome back :)

Hi, I did exactly that.  I have P3D 3.4 on drive G.  Formatted a 500GB SSD and named it Z.  Installed V4 to it.

Then when I ran FTX Central you will see a box in the lower left if I remember correctly, click on it, let it do its thing and you will now have two selections for your Orbx stuff.  You'll see P3D V3 and P3D V4, that blue bar?  You'll now have two.  Then you can start installing all your regions (that's all they've released so far) and it will pull the data from your other drive and not download it, it transfers it.  It was all very smooth and easy, if I forgot something I'm sure someone will graciously chime in.

Best regards and not to worry, if I can do it anyone can do it.

Thanks guys, I did do a search but could find noting, I usually do the search first, thanks for the info Jack, I do not have v4 yet but will order later today and follow your post.

Forgot to say, this site is amazing 5mins ago I ask a question and now have an answer, what other sites can you get that fast, I say non.

just an update guys, I did try to install P3Dv4 and could not, get a message that I need Net Framework 4.6.2, I have been having problems with Windows 8.1 updates for a while it always says update failed so now taking my system to tech shop on Monday to get it fixed, then try another install.

I have tried to fix the Win update a few times so will have to bite the bullet and get the tech shop to do it.

Thanks for your help

Archived