Splotchy Textures covering landclass in FSX:SE after Open LC intalled

vrn

Hi!

After installing OpenLC I noticed a blight seems to have crept across North America, eating roads, homes, etc.  :) I have installed Global Base and North America Open LC, and the latest Orbx libraries through FTX Central v3, and I ran forced migration after the install.   It looks like a layer below the landclass is covering landclass based upon changes in elevation.  It doesn't seem to impact urban landclass as much, but that may just be because cities tend to be flatter.  So in the Denver area things start looking weird like this outside the city/metro, except it covers almost all the rural landclass there. There are large areas where you can't see any of the nice art/landclass because it's all covered by this layer of brown, smaller and scattered samples of which can be seen in these screenshots.  I've tried uninstalling everything, and even did a fresh install of Windows to make sure it wasn't saving some old scenery settings.  So this is a clean install of Windows 10, FSX:SE, and the two products mentioned above. 

I can't rule out that this is a problem in FSX itself that is made much more evident by the changed textures that came with OpenLC. It's hard to say because the default textures are themselves just bland brown in many areas, so it's hard to distinguish.  I hope I've provided a useful post, and I've placed it in the correct sub-forum.  Thanks in advance for anyone who might know what this is and what I can do to fix it.

Vern

Order Numbers: FSS0518925, FSS0524111

Qdxfyp2.jpg

R5ainwp.jpg

Hi Vern, welcome to the forums,

Try setting the insertion points in your FTX Central settings using the below procedure.

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save"

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug.

Ok I did that.  I don't think it changed anything as I have no add-ons installed other than global base and NA Open LC.  I double checked those settings and clicked save anyway. No change.  Any other possibilities? Thanks for the suggestion.

Vern

Vern,

Ok, lets reinstall the Orbx Libs, to do that, look in your main flight sim root folder and go to the ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the "FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.txt", this will tell FTXC3 that they are no longer installed and allow you to reinstall them, also make sure your UAC is turned off for this.

Doug

Hi Richard,  

Thanks for looking into it.  So your screenshot is from P3d? You definitely seem to have the same/similar issue. Surely everyone's isn't this way? -Vern

Hello,

I think you are missing Richard's point.

The real world scenery actually does have the features you are critical of and the FTX scenery

is doing its best to replicate it.

Take a close look at the Google Earth image.

Archived