KFHR Friday Harbour - missing aircraft textures

Lance Arnold

Hi guys,

I purchased KFHR Friday Harbor last night and did a fight this morning. I have several static aircraft at the airport with missing textures (see photos below).

Do I need to uninstall and rerun the ORBX Libraries or KFHR to correct this?

Regards,

Lance.

KFHR Textures - 3.jpg

KFHR Textures - 1.jpg

KFHR Textures - 2.jpg

Hi richard,

I am running a Win7 (64) on a 2.4 DualCore, 8Gb RAM & 2Gb GeForce GT710.

My scenery level is running at about 60% on the sliders, and although it does stagger when at major airports it does sttle down after a while as the scenery cache catches up.

I spent about 15mins taxiing around Friday Harbor airport to see what other errors may be present, but this seams to be the only thing I can find. Although after flying around the island last night, I found some other anomalies at other airports (raised runways and some runways are not level), I think this could be part of a larger problem for me with this scenery.

I have to search for other errors people may have encountered with this airport scenery package.

Regards,

Lance..

Hello Lance,

Your problem seems not to be missing textures but instead your simulator is failing to display the textures.

Typically, missing textures are displayed as black, light blue or white, never transparent.

Sometimes, however, having more than one version of an object at the same time can cause the object not to display at all,

also Fs9 models can fail to display in the preview Direct X10 mode if not corrected by the Direct X 10 Fixer.

Given that you seem to have a similar problem in your topic on CAG 8, I think you need to review your simulator

set up.

What you might try first is to delete your Shaders folders.

You will find them at C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX,

delete both the Shaders and the Shaders 10 folders.

FSX will rebuild them the next time you start it.

• 1 year later...

Hi Nick and Richard.

Sorry for taking so long to get back in regards to this issue. I did not bother to concern myself with these airports after my issue as I concentrated on Australia and Papua New Guinea.

The problem in both of these sceneries (KFHR and CAG8) seem to have been fixed. I have deleted and reinstalled the libs several times in the time between the original posting and now, and I can only assume the issue had been fixed in the process of re-installing the libraries.

Thanks for you help and advice on this issue.

Archived