HD Trees installation

Dactyl

Hello to all,

I am thinking of buying the Orbx HD Trees, I read a lot about the impact on the frames and the missing option to uninstall them.

I would like to know, if there is the possibility to uninstall them (or deactivate them) in case that  the FPS impact is to high. I just want to be sure.

Regards

Jochen

2 hours ago, Dactyl said:

I read a lot about the impact on the frames and the missing option to uninstall them.

Not sure where you are getting your info from, but it would be the opposite, and there is an option when you install to backup your default trees for reinstall if need be. 

Cheers

Doug

I get massive, really massive, FPS hits during dawn and dusk, with the "vegetation casts shadows" and "vegetation receives shadows" options enabled within P3d3. These FPS drops are much heavier than with the default trees.

26 minutes ago, wolfko said:

I get massive, really massive, FPS hits during dawn and dusk, with the "vegetation casts shadows" and "vegetation receives shadows" options enabled within P3d3. These FPS drops are much heavier than with the default trees.

I used them in FSX once and whilst there was NO perf decrease there were a lot of new stutters; removed them and stutters were gone.

i really hope the HD buildings don't do the same.

On 20.5.2017 at 10:16 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Not sure where you are getting your info from, but it would be the opposite, and there is an option when you install to backup your default trees for reinstall if need be. 

Hello !

@Doug: I viewed a few videos on youtube and read this in the comments. And it is mentioned in some forums.

I love Orbx sceneries and I know that they are all made with attention on the FPS. So I was a little surprised.

By the way I buyed the HD Trees today and I am very satisfied. Nice look and no FPS impact in Prepar3d V3. So I have good frames, I tested it over the two huge cities LA and San Francisco (Orbx So/No-Cal/Vector/Global) and over the expansive forrest areas in PNG (also Orbx scenery installed).

( I have "vegetation casts shadows" and "vegetation receives shadows" deactivated).

Regards

Jochen

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Just purchased FTX HD trees.  My first question is, can FTX Trees HD be used without using ORBX scenery and if so, does this overwrite the FSX default trees and does making a backup allow the default trees to be re-installed?  Second, exactly how do I make a backup and how to use this backup to recover the original default trees?  Third, if I only use the FTX Trees with ORBX scenery, will the default trees be already overwritten?

Cheers

Ray 

Archived