PAJN Elevation Problems

Lord Nibbo

Today I bought and Downloaded PAJN from Orbx, but as you can see I have a problem with elevations that I cannot fix..

I have FTX Global installed and FTX Global Vector and Southern Alaska installed,  turning off all the Vector folders in the FSX Scenery folder changed nothing so I don't believe the problem is Global Vectors. From reading many threads about this problem I've also deactivated several .bgl's within  several of the Orbx scenery folders including  bgl's in the FSX\senery\World\scenery folder. all made no difference. The scenery mesh resolution in FSX is set to 5m in fact I tried all the settings none of the settings fixed the problem.

I'm at a loss on how to fix it. any ideas on a fix would be welcome.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hello,

I would suggest that first you re-install the product to undo the changes you have made.

These are the files that you should find in the ORBX folder.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Excluding the effects folder, this is the only file you should find in the simulator folder but outside

the ORBX folder.

4.jpg

I see also an error introduced by FTX Vector.

If the error persists, please go to 

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I would suggest that first you re-install the product to undo the changes you have made.

These are the files that you should find in the ORBX folder.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Excluding the effects folder, this is the only file you should find in the simulator folder but outside

the ORBX folder.

4.jpg

I see also an error introduced by FTX Vector.

If the error persists, please go to 

Yes I've read all those links, none of it cures my problems.  I believe the problem is caused by FTX Global.

Hi there,

that file gets installed by Flight1's Ultimate Alaska X and there are probably others in the SAK coverage area you want to deactivate. Have a look at the SAK user guide, page 5, and at our SAK compatibility thread at http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/62409-sak-compatibility-index/

Cheers, Holger 

It couldn't hurt, of course, if you no longer need any UTX scenery.  But I would also look to deleting that Vector error Holger advised about.  That particular error has been the source of most, if not all, the display problems at PAJN, it would seem:  "1211_EXX_Excludes.bgl", in \ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_EXX\scenery".  It certainly solved my problems there.

54 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

It couldn't hurt, of course, if you no longer need any UTX scenery.  But I would also look to deleting that Vector error Holger advised about.  That particular error has been the source of most, if not all, the display problems at PAJN, it would seem:  "1211_EXX_Excludes.bgl", in \ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_EXX\scenery".  It certainly solved my problems there.

Already done that fix , it may have contributed to the problem but at least it won't cause a problem again.

Hi there,

if you no longer have Ultimate Alaska X  installed then you definitely want to deactivate all of the Alaskan  UTX_ {ICAO}_AP.bgl files. The easiest way to do this is to make a new folder inside \Scenery\World\scenery (named "UTX_hold" or similar) and then move those files into it; no need to rename or delete anything unless you're 100% sure you don't need the files anymore. Other than that just make sure you don't have any Ultimate Alaska X entries in your scenery library menu anymore.

The only display issue that Vector's "1211_EXX_Excludes.bgl" causes is those two odd indentations in the flattened area along the southeastern edge as in this screenshot http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/72953-does-this-look-correct-at-pajn/ and that's more of a cosmetic issue than anything that interferes with the airport's functionality.

Any serious elevation issues at PAJN, like the one you've had, are due to incompatible third-party elevation adjustment files, such as UTX or MyTraffic. 

Cheers, Holger

Archived