orbx and south florida

Ty Clarkson

I am flying MS FSX I purchased the global base pack and NA base pack and installed, I fly out of Tampa FL, Scenery will load any where in US but not in south florida.ie Orlando, Tampa etc. Scenery loads to 30% and stalls, like I said your software works every where else. If I remove all orbx downloads from my computer FSX works fine, Are you aware of this and what is your fix?

Hi Richard

yes, I did the config.  method, no change. Many of Florida's major airports. Daytona, Orlando, Tampa, Miami and others in central Florida have no texture or buildings, Florida keys appear to be OK as does northern Florida. This should be real easy for your tech. staff to verify. New York, Atlanta and Jacksonville also work fine. I have a high end system and other simulators like DCS work nicely. Let me know what your people find.

Thanks Ty

Hi Ty,

Apart from Doug's good suggestion, every Pc configuration is different, I have taken a look in FSX and P3d without any issues on my end. If you are able to, please attach a screenshot of what you are seeing? We want to help you, the more information you provide, we are more likely to be able to resolve the issue.

Richard

The answer to Doug's question is yes. before I loaded Orbx I had no problems, I am not sure your listening or I am not communicating. These major airports I have mentioned only load to 305 and lock, there is no display. I have to end task and restart FSX. Some small airports in Florida load fine and look good., I can fly from east of Miami and find Miami Int. but up the coast to Fort Lauderdale which has an unbuilt layout. If I totally remove all Orbx and reload FSX it works fine. It doesn't make any sense that some of the Florida airports load and the major airports don't. Again I can't send you a screen shot of something that doesn't load. Also all orbx files  are loaded at the top of the scenery list.

Ty

by fly to them from airports that load. However I have found the problem. I loaded the Acceleration package and it corrected the problem, I removed acceleration because it gives me an error code 1-80004005 and won't let me enter the product number, consequently you can only fly for .5 hours. This just recently started happening, tried the many online suggestions but non work, Many people have had this problem but non with windows 10. Anyway the problem was not the Orbx product. Thanks for all help and suggestion, appreciate it.

Thanks Nick, I had done this and my system read partmgr but for windows 10 It has to be PartMgr the capitals make the difference, I researched PartMgr vs Activation FSX, thanks for redirecting me. Let me try another issue, does anybody know how to get "Lockon-Modern Air combat" by Ubisoft to play on Windows 10? It installs fine but will not run when play is clicked and disk is in drive.

Archived