Scotland update has not fixed Nessie issue!?

Timmy74

I have installed thenew Scotland update. However, the large gray square where Nessie (The Loch Ness Monster) is suppose to be swimming is still there and no Nessie!?!

Will this ever be fixed?  It puts a real downer flying over an otherwise fantastic scenery.....

9 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Forgive my ignorance, is this square always there or only when the monster should be?

I have never had the patience to find it, can you give me a clue?:)

The square is always there Nick.  

It only disappears when you are directly over the top of it!  So it can be seen for miles as you approach the area....very annoying.

Hi,
In case you use P3D, you should install the latest version or else grey remains. You can see there is no trouble into the Preview in April

32 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks, I don't see it so I am guessing that it has been fixed but somehow the fix is

not working on your PC.

Should I expect to see it in this shot?

2017-5-5_10-57-16-37.jpg

That shot is from the South West end of Lochness (Fort Agustus).

The issue is at the North East end near Urquhart Castle.

30 minutes ago, Richard Bui said:

Hi,
In case you use P3D, you should install the latest version or else grey remains. You can see there is no trouble into the Preview in April

I dont understand what you are saying...!?  

I have P3D installed and the latest update that was released Monday....  

"You can see there is no trouble into the Preview in April" What does this mean?  No matter what time of year I get the grey square.  

42 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Sorry, would it be in this shot?

2017-5-5_11-40-44-693.jpg

or this one?

2017-5-5_11-45-20-720.jpg

Thats it Nick.

But as I stated in my second post...the square disappears when you are directly over it.  When you either fly away or towards that area it shows up.

nessie.jpg

I went there and I saw this gray rectangle, visible only at a certain distance from this point and at a certain height.
This is not where I saw the Nessie.
I'm with P3D v2.4 only.

2017-5-5_16-0-49-955.jpg

2017-5-5_15-52-23-969.jpg

On 5/5/2017 at 8:21 PM, Richard Bui said:

Very strange indeed. Please try the enclosed file. Paste and replace into \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_SCO_05_SCENERY\scenery

FTX_EU_SCO_VFRobjects_OBX.BGL

Same here, I too did see the white box at Nessie's place after the update, and the file above cured the issue.

@Richard Bui You might want to update the file on the FTX Central server too so everyone gets it?

• 1 month later...

Richard,

Nessie's home is still a solide white square after a fresh install of Scotland in P3D v4. But as it was the case with V3, this isn't visible at all angles.

I'll check tomorrow if the file above also fixes the issue in V4, it had worked fine in V3.

Markus

@Richard Bui

Unfortunately the fix you posted above no longer works in P3D v4. That huge white square at Nessie's home is there to stay. In v3 your fix had worked just fine.

Instead of fixing the transparency issue and wasting time in that process, can't you just provide a BGL file with the creature removed entirely? I really don't need it to enjoy Scotland :)

Here's a screenshot out of v4, the square has actually grown! :blink:

nessies_home_v4.jpg

4 hours ago, Handie said:

The white square I had was not where I had seen the Nessy, it was much further ...

That's a different issue then. The white square in this thread is very specific to Nessie's home. It had been fine in P3D v2, but it took ORBX over a year to fix it in V3, and now the issue is back in V4.

I wish that creature would just be removed by ORBX so we can be done with that once and for all. :wacko:

Archived