Two Airports - Different Results

kd789dk

Here of some screen shots taken at virtually the same zoom level of two airports - KBVS and KPSP.

Are my eyes laying tricks on me or are these two airport built at different resolutions?

Thanks,

Don Bohr

WIN7 64 bit, GTX970 4Gb, ASUS PB278q monitor at 2560x1440

KBVS - 5903ab478ba8b, KPSP - FSS05122188

KBVS 255.9 Zoom.JPG

KPSP 256.4 Zoom.JPG

Thanks for the reply, Paul. I assume that KBVS installed normally since I let FTX Central V3 install it. The scenery sits at #15 in my scenery library right in the middle of all my other ORBX products.

BTW, I'm having exactly the same problem with KRDD.

Maybe someone from ORBX could get back to me.

51 minutes ago, kd789dk said:

Thanks for the reply, Paul. I assume that KBVS installed normally since I let FTX Central V3 install it. The scenery sits at #15 in my scenery library right in the middle of all my other ORBX products.

BTW, I'm having exactly the same problem with KRDD.

Maybe someone from ORBX could get back to me.

No worries Don.

In the meantime, here are Skagit and Redding on mine -

8uw8zDS.jpg

AaKTt0Q.jpg

tavElkL.jpg

I would appreciate it if someone from the ORBX support staff would take a look at this problem and advise me how to fix it.

If this is the wrong venue for support I would also appreciate a direction as to where to go to address the problem.

Thanks

Hi Don, Welcome to the forums,

What sim are you using? Do you have your NA Pacific Northwest product installed? It is a prerequisite for KBVS, and a prerequisite for KRDD is NA Northern California.

Also, please try the below procedure,

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Cheers

Doug

Hi Don,

it does appear to be some kind of conflict with another add-on. My suggestion would be to run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *KBVS*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths

Also please check that you're using the Orbx recommended mesh resolution setting of 5m (though that shouldn't really affect the display inside the airport perimeter fence).

Cheers, Holger

Hi Don,

roger that, except that those are just the KBVS files from the add-on itself; there should be the FTX PNW files as well, in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery, and ADE_FTX_PNW_KBVS_elevation_adjustment.BGL in \Scenery\World\scenery.

As Doug mentioned above, FTX PNW is a requirement for KBVS and other Orbx airports within that region's coverage area. Do you not have PNW installed?

Cheers, Holger

Holger-

I checked for the files you mentioned above and found that the ADE_FTX_PNW_KBVS_elevation_adjustment.BGL was missing so I did a reinstall of PNW through FTXC3 and it seems to have cured the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Don

Archived