Open LC north america probelms

spokanespotter

i just installed the OrbX open LC North America, i've been having trouble with it. Its not loading all the way and the area around the airports look really messed up and blocky (as seen in photos). At LAX, half of the airport was in the ocean. http://imgur.com/be2YDgl http://imgur.com/cHBshvm , i would really love to fix this.

Hi, Welcome to the forums,

Please 

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Cheers

Doug

43 minutes ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Hi,

Do you have a freeware or payware product of that airport? if you have had in the past, you may have residual files in your scenery library causing the issue.

I do have Flightbeam KDEN but thats the only scenery i've had for DEN. This bug happens everywhere. It almost like ORBX Open LC NA is filling in gaps.

8 hours ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Hi,

Can you give another example in a separate area please, with coordinates? If you could also attach your cfg file that may help if I take a look.

http://imgur.com/ClGSsTZ

http://imgur.com/aPGgBkT

http://imgur.com/kQ8JE1H

Those photos were taken around Spokane, WA and hopefully those help. Ive also added my fsx.CFG file for you

fsx.CFG

Hi,

Thanks for that, sorry to say no problem on my side, did you make a backup of your install? May be worth uninstalling it, then reinstalling it, not sure why your land class is so blurry, if you could please try the link below, your terrain cfg may need to be rebuilt, in any case, it is worth the effort. Also http://imgur.com/kQ8JE1H should be trees and not a wall. Please report back as to the outcome.

12 minutes ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Hi,

Thanks for that, sorry to say no problem on my side, did you make a backup of your install? May be worth uninstalling it, then reinstalling it, not sure why your land class is so blurry, if you could please try the link below, your terrain cfg may need to be rebuilt, in any case, it is worth the effort. Also http://imgur.com/kQ8JE1H should be trees and not a wall. Please report back as to the outcome.

That did not resolve the problem. i think a reinstall might be my best option. Im gonna look around a little more to try to find a fix. 

4 hours ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Hi,

Just got done doing a fresh reinstall and no difference. Could you check the cords, N39 50.44' W104 41.08' for me and see if looks the same?

Hi,

Happy to help, I have had a busy day. I suspect it is not the Orbx installation that is the problem, do you have any other Land Class products installed or have done so previously? In an effort to form some clarity I will install Open Lc NA to FSX and see what I get, in the meantime please check your Scenery Library for anything out of the ordinary.

45 minutes ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Hi,

Happy to help, I have had a busy day. I suspect it is not the Orbx installation that is the problem, do you have any other Land Class products installed or have done so previously? In an effort to form some clarity I will install Open Lc NA to FSX and see what I get, in the meantime please check your Scenery Library for anything out of the ordinary.

Ive added some photos of what i have installed to help. Everything in my scenery library looks good...

121fb17bde6441ef8d050e0a510cb599.png546f4aa620d540d4bf251632e15971ee.png

1 minute ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Hi,

Did you run the Force Migration? as Doug suggested above? Please look in your FSX Folder, Add-on Folder for any landclass, also if you are using an ENB hit shift F12, I am trying to knock out any variables.

I did run the force migration (no luck), i have no landclasses, i hit Shift- F12 on my ENB and nothing worked 

1 minute ago, Richard Lincoln said:

So there is no difference in the landclass when you disable the ENB? I can not make suggestions as to the immediate area around the runways, it is clear the add-on for that airport is causing that colour difference.

yea there is no difference. I can see where Orbx Open LC and my DEN addon meet, i dont know what to do about the dark green patches around the airport.

Hello,

Your screenshot of FTX Central appears to indicate that you have installed Open LC North America

but the shot of your scenery library appears to show that there are no scenery library entries for it.

Are they below the addon scenery entry?

Open LC is an accessory to FTX Global Base which your shot of FTX Central shows is not installed.

You cannot expect OLC NA to work properly without it.

13 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Your screenshot of FTX Central appears to indicate that you have installed Open LC North America

but the shot of your scenery library appears to show that there are no scenery library entries for it.

Are they below the addon scenery entry?

Open LC is an accessory to FTX Global Base which your shot of FTX Central shows is not installed.

You cannot expect OLC NA to work properly without it.

All of my scenery addons entries are above the addon scenery entry... i had a feeling that not having FTX Global might be the problem, ill try to to get it while its 47% off 

FTX Central should add

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1 and

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2

I see you have the lights entries.

Try running FTX Central again, make sure you wait until you see

"Activating Orbx scenery" appear briefly above the settings tab.

3 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

FTX Central should add

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1 and

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2

I see you have the lights entries.

Try running FTX Central again, make sure you wait until you see

"Activating Orbx scenery" appear briefly above the settings tab.

i see ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1, ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2 and ORBX!OPENLC_zBASE... is that everything?

8 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Yes, it looks like everything you have is installed properly.

If you buy FTX Global Base,once you have installed it, you

will see what was intended.

ok! Thanks very much for clearing everything up, Nick and Richard. Ill be sure to get FTX Global

18 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Yes, it looks like everything you have is installed properly.

If you buy FTX Global Base,once you have installed it, you

will see what was intended.

ok so i downloaded FTX Global and i see no difference but one thing stood out to me. i could still see the default FSX scenery...

3 minutes ago, spokanespotter said:

ok so i downloaded FTX Global and i see no difference but one thing stood out to me. i could still see the default FSX scenery...

there are patches of Orbx Open LC NA textures and default textures 

Archived