Aviation Day 2017 - Preparations

Bermuda425

Hey guys,

Make sure to check out Neil Hill's rendition of Kilo Lima Alpha Foxtrott as part of the NA global freeware airport pack. Hope you enjoy this post!

It's Monday and everyone at the airport was getting ready for the third aviation day in Purdue University history on this Saturday. Let's see what people are doing on the ramp.
Filmed with my Asus Zenfone 3 on 19 April 2017.

Talk about being in Heaven!  Man, I'd love to be there, work there, live there, sleep there.  This is airplane heaven!

Nice vids Erik!  I liked in the first one where they must have students learn to re-skin a canvas plane and maybe even dope the fabric?  That is a lost art.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Talk about being in Heaven!  Man, I'd love to be there, work there, live there, sleep there.  This is airplane heaven!

Nice vids Erik!  I liked in the first one where they must have students learn to re-skin a canvas plane and maybe even dope the fabric?  That is a lost art.

Yes it is for sure Heaven. And I've even seen some FSX yokes and throttles quadrants in the faculty lounge, awesome! Those students, actually they were cleaning the planes since it is the end of the semester and Saturday lots of visitors will fly-in from all around the place. There's an American CRJ200 arriving in half an hour from now and tomorrow morning a United CRJ700, which both will be displayed on Saturday. I'm looking forward quite a bit. Would be great to have you there. Let's plan for the future!

27 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Yes it is for sure Heaven. And I've even seen some FSX yokes and throttles quadrants in the faculty lounge, awesome! Those students, actually they were cleaning the planes since it is the end of the semester and Saturday lots of visitors will fly-in from all around the place. There's an American CRJ200 arriving in half an hour from now and tomorrow morning a United CRJ700, which both will be displayed on Saturday. I'm looking forward quite a bit. Would be great to have you there. Let's plan for the future!

That's great Erik.  Very fortunate to be there and those students will have a good future.  I loved my career in aviation.  I would love to meet you there but there's a whole boatload of reasons I can't make it.  Maybe someday.

If it's allowed here, can you post some more video or photos?  If it's allowed.  It's always good to see the next generation starting in aviation, there's so much they can do.  Pilots, technicians, flight attendants, operations, aircraft painters, you name it.

Have fun Erik!

Thanks Jack, very kind! I'll be there tomorrow and doing my best at the camera. I'm still thinking about what I can do special and different than the other hundred people with camera who'll be there ;) We'll pick you up via jet for one of the next year's meetings B)

Outstanding Erik!  I loved it all, and man do I miss working aircraft.  I loved that little chopper at 12:30 and you saved the best for last, that beautiful Texan!  Looks like you had a wonderful day, wish I could have been there.

And I loved all those frames with various people in them, alumni I suppose, and Amelia Earhart too.  How cool is Purdue?  Are you an alumnus?  Do you work there?

Best.

Jack

@Jack Sawyer

Thanks very much, glad you like it! Yes, the chopper is the smallest one I've ever seen. And the CAF oldtimer is actually a Fairchild PT-26 Cornell, but I wouldn't have know myself. Yes, you're right, the photos were my other favorite part after the Fairchild. I'm a student at Purdue, in the Professional Flight program. Whenever I'm at the airport, I feel home and you can just walk out on the ramp and enjoy plane spotting. We have the busiest airport in Indiana after Indy Intl. The rest of campus is like every other college I guess :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

@Jack Sawyer

Thanks very much, glad you like it! Yes, the chopper is the smallest one I've ever seen. And the CAF oldtimer is actually a Fairchild PT-26 Cornell, but I wouldn't have know myself. Yes, you're right, the photos were my other favorite part after the Fairchild. I'm a student at Purdue, in the Professional Flight program. Whenever I'm at the airport, I feel home and you can just walk out on the ramp and enjoy plane spotting. We have the busiest airport in Indiana after Indy Intl. The rest of campus is like every other college I guess :rolleyes:

What a life Erik, what a cool life you lead.  Good for you and I wish you every success!

Archived