Scenery Order in FSX

paulb

Apologies for a stupid question. But I am confused.

In FSX my scenery areas go from 001 to 261 in my scenery.cfg.

In Central I tried to give my FTX scenery priority. In my scenery.cfg, all of my FTX sceneries have the highest numbers (libraries is 261) with default FSX scenery having the lowest numbers.

Having researched other posts, some people seem to have the opposite order.

Is mine OK?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Paul

You can set your FTXC 3 insertion points and scenery library order as per the below post' :)

Hi Doug,

Thanks, but I read that post and got confused! Does that suggest a reverse order to my scenery.cfg?

2 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Paul

What I posted is the correct order, I am not sure what yours is. :)

Hi Doug,

I have worked it out now thanks. The scenery library in FSX is in complete reverse order to the Area numbers in the Scenery.cfg file.

So, we are both right! :)

8 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

That's because the lower numbers are loaded first, the higher numbers last, by design.

Once one realises then it becomes blindingly obvious Stewart! :D

My problem was recovering from a mega FSX crash, so I was totally focused on cfg and windows files!

Cheers

Paul

There are many hidden secrets like this in FSX, waiting to be discovered by accident or on purpose.  Another involves the LOD radius set in FSX, but you probably already know that one.  The bigger your LOD, the more VAS it uses up, so set it to some moderate value instead of cranking it up to some insane level, such as 7.5 or higher.  Even P3D is subject to this, I believe.

32 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

There are many hidden secrets like this in FSX, waiting to be discovered by accident or on purpose.  Another involves the LOD radius set in FSX, but you probably already know that one.  The bigger your LOD, the more VAS it uses up, so set it to some moderate value instead of cranking it up to some insane level, such as 7.5 or higher.  Even P3D is subject to this, I believe.

Hi Stewart,

Well I was with FS from about 1986. Then, five years ago (for personal reasons) I left FSX.

I came back at the start of this year with enthusiasm!

I can't believe how much I forgot over those 5 years! ;)

Cheers

Paul

Archived