The Tree's Quality is not good

Gracy

Hello,

I bought and installed FTX Global Base Pack, openLC Europe, Trees, Lights and Vector, I installed all these upon FSX with Acceleration using the FTX Central - FSX application, I've set the graphics following all the requirements of the packages (see my attached picture), the installation ordering in the scenery library has been done by the FTX Central (see also my attached picture) ... but the quality of the trees is "very poor" (see Results-in-FSX.jpg picture).

Q1. What should I do to have good quality for the trees please?

Q2. Furthermore, I've read in the manual that Vector should be positioned above Base and OpenLC, but the installer position it under almost all the other packs(see Vector-position-in-Library.jpg), is it right? (I don't see in effect good quality for the roads and the rivers too)

Thanks in advance

Library-position.jpg

FTX-active-modules.jpg

FSX-settings.jpg

Results-in-FSX.jpg

Vector-position-in-Library.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forums.

This is what the Vector user guide says about the scenery library entries

What is very important to note is that the Vector installer places those entries at very specific locations in your Scenery Library and locks them in. PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THEM UP OR DOWN IN THE SCENERY LIBRARY. Doing so may lead to unexpected results, particularly with airport elevations and also suppressing other scenery addons with the excludes contained within Vector. The bottom line is that you should let the installer manage the Scenery Library entries and don’t try to edit their locations 

and that is what has happened for you, so all is well.

For what it's worth, FSX ground scenery shadows do not work properly and are better left switched off.

I see that your trees are not being displayed properly, what are your "Grafica" settings and which airport is that please?

Hi Nick,

If you also look at the rendering of the user aircraft wing, engine cowl, and seat headrest, (FSX default Beech Baron) these seems to be of a fairly low quality graphic as well.

I will also be interested in which airfield this is, as there is some considerable substance to what both you and JJ have written. Those trees do not look like FTX Trees HD or FSX default ones nor do the hedges, I suspect an incompatible freeware airport or objects the last time I saw trees of that quality were in FS9.

Also not that it is part of troubleshooting the OP's current issue, but his Water effects slider is way too high @ 2xMax and his Mesh Resolution is also too high @ 1m. As we have no idea what hardware spec the OP is using his settings will definitely produce some unexpected additional burdens, looking at his picture the scenery definitely does not seem to have the quality usually displayed by having all sliders full right.

let alone the out of place Vector entries, "ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE10" @ position 10 in scenery library, and of course the "Ground Scenery Shadows" checkbox has been checked as you have already noted. 

Hi there,

I can make the textures of autogen trees and other objects look as blurry as that by pulling the "Global texture resolution" slider all the way to the left. It's located on the Settings - Display - Graphics page and should always be at fuill right (=very high).

Cheers, Holger

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello and welcome to the forums.

This is what the Vector user guide says about the scenery library entries

and that is what has happened for you, so all is well.

For what it's worth, FSX ground scenery shadows do not work properly and are better left switched off.

I see that your trees are not being displayed properly, what are your "Grafica" settings and which airport is that please?

Hello Nick and thanks for your answer,

I didn't moved any of the FTX element from what the installer did, what you see in my picture is what it did the installer, I suppose that maybe I should set a different position for the ORBX element in the FTX central 3 settings, just tell me where I should move them please.

The airport is the Aeritalia at Torino (LIMA), one of the best to see the higher Alps in Europe.

I have seen that the global resolution slider went down (i don't know why) in my Graphic settings, now I've set it at the maximum level (see my "Graphic-settings.jpg" picture), the result has been improved, but is still not what I expect to be (see my "new-results.jpg" picture").

Can you please tell me if that result now is normal for FTX Global Trees? 

PS. My computer is a Z260 Kaby Lake CPU on a Maximus IX Formula motherboard and a NVidia 1080-8 Strix graphic card.

Graphic-settings.jpg

New-results.jpg

Hello Roberto,

I do apologise for my earlier assumption that you had set your sliders "per Orbx recommendations", it seems that one or two important settings have slipped through your net. 
Holger has identified the issue with your trees, and you have made adjustments accordingly. I will admit your user aircraft is now much better along with the trees which now look correct. You still need to make some setting modifications to sharpen things up and lower potential resource burden. (You have a very powerful system I think ?:unsure:), the graphics should be more detailed and sharp. It is unknown if you have O.C'd your CPU best results are achieved above 4.2Ghz

ie; FSX Settings display > Graphics tab > Set > Texture filtering: Anisotropic  (Yours is set to "trilinear") 

You should also make sure that your Nvidia graphics control panel 3D Global profile and/or FSX profile have been set to (16x Anisotropic Filtering) 
At least 8x Antialiasing, but with your 1080 graphics card you can even set to 16x Antialiasing  in Nvidia Control Panel 3D settings or if used Nvidia Inspector/Profiler will have a broader selection for many of the quality settings.

You should check that your Nvidia "Texture Filtering Quality" within any of the Nvidia graphics tools that you might use, is set to "High Quality"  further to this - search the forum tips and tricks for setup information using these tools. Setting up Nvidia graphics 3D display quality.

Incidentally: Many of us FSX simmers are using "Nvidia Inspector" or "Nvidia Profiler" to setup our AA & AF and other quality settings for use within the sim.

Also - FSX Settings display > Graphics tab > checkbox:  Light Bloom >  uncheck (this facility has always placed additional burdens on resources that would otherwise be better directed towards scenery display and aircraft). Bloom can be done through a shader enhancement such as EMB or SweetFX without the additional burden.  "FSX internal Bloom" facility should not be used (imho).

Thanks Jeff,

I had the graphic card set following the "leave application decide" concept, but now I've modified it with your hints, today after work i'll try the new settings!

I am an old simmer (think that I had the first Flight Simulator running upon the Apple II :)), but I had some problems after changing my graphic card ... from the 680 to the 1080 and after a complete reinstalling of FSX (and P3D) with adding to them the ORBX modules ... instead of having an improvement I had a disaster lol, but it was a strange setting of the general quality slider of fsx at first to make this result ... 

btw: where I can get the Nvidia Inspector/Nvidia Profiler?

Thanks again to all!

My pleasure Roberto,

I think given the strength of your new system, the settings I've mentioned above will give you some nice improvements.

There are a number of topics here on the forum which will help you setup your Inspector profiler, I use an earlier version of NI where some settings are different to the latest version, but I will try to help you where I can.

I have a link to the original Nvidia Inspector Website where you can download and read about installation and setup,  just use Google or Bing to translate German into English or Spanish whatever you are most comfortable with.

Here http://orbmu2k.de/tools/nvidia-inspector-tool#more-244

And a direct link here to the Download on that page http://download.orbmu2k.de/download.php?id=51

Archived