Blackpool swamp

MikeDutton`

Hi,

I have not logged into Prepar3d for six months. I have the EU / England Orbx scenery. I noticed after updating Version 3 of Prepar3d that Blackpool's buildings and airport were a mishmash and realised an update was needed.

FTX central 2 wanted a new library.. fine, did that. I updated FTX central from 2 to 3 and did a Migrate.. it then said Orbx EU England was up to date.

However its a disaster zone. Obviously something is seriously wrong, with massive lakes everywhere, trees on the runway and a tiled effect where things are swapping in and out.

Where do I begin to fix this?

First off i suggest you submit a pic to show what you are referring to, with coordinates preferably.

I also suggest you submit a pic of your scenery library which will show us if the layering within the library is correct.

If you do that it will help us to try and resolve the issues you are having.

You can find out how to submit pics here 

Thanks for the advice. Here are the screenshots. I do not have the coordinates, but the airfield is EGNH and in the distance is the famous "Blackpool Tower" which shos the whole coastline is a bag of issues.

As for the libraries, I tried moving FTX libraries to top and under the other England Scenery. No difference. Removing the libraries totally reverts to default UK.

t0oWh3f.jpg

2pdxMk7.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I can see that some library insertions are incorrect. ALL your 3rd party addons should be above your FTX entries.

I also see that you have several of those 3rd party addons "enabled"/ticked. I suggest to start with that you disable all the 3rd party addons, put the orbx Libs folder back on top of your scenery and only have Libs and the rest of FTX ENG files enabled ( plus all the default P3D ones) and see what happens. This is purely an experiment to ensure no other addons are interfering.

Can you tell me what the FSXPP addons are? They are clearly for FSX and may not be totally P3D compatible, and you have them enabled.

Can you confirm that FTX ENG has been Migrated? There should be a Migrated notice in the FTX ENG Scenery folder.

It may take some time but we should get there in the end.

Hi, I followed these steps. Yes, the scenery has the migration marker.All add-ons other than standard are disabled. FTX LIB is at the top of the FTX group. No effect.

Then I moved all the 3rd party stuff above the FTX libraries. Absolutely no effect. Problem persists. Sorry.

The FSX App stuff is a set of objects, power stations, buildings that are more authentically English. they are compatible with P3D and are freeware as I remember. They used to work before. Now I removed them anyway.

We seem to be in a time zone difference hence the long time in replying to your posts.

At this moment I can only suggest trying a reinstall of FTX ENG to see if that does anything to alleviate the problem. Do you have a copy of the initial FTX ENG and did you make a backup of the update?

Anyway, reinstall via Central 3 by first off opening Central 3 and clicking on ENG and choosing uninstall. Then it should show ENG as not installed. Click on the ENG pic and then choose install from a manual or backup copy. Install it. It should then state there is an update available. Choose Update and make a back up copy. Make a folder called ENG Update or similar, and point Central 3 to that folder and download the update. I can think of nothing more at present except a possible terrain cfg error. You could also try u removing to a safe place like your desktop, the Terrain cfg, and then insert the default one and let it run.

Reinstall, reboot and test again. There is no logic to your problem assuming your PC specs are suitably high enough to deal with FTX ENG, other than some corrupt textures. You now seem to have all but ENG and orbxlibs disabled, the layering in the scenery library should now be OK. You don't have Vector do you? I don't see it in your initial listing no in your scenery library, so I am assuming you don't?

Hi,

Yes, the scenery library shows a total mess of entries of P3D. Some seem to point to a default location (Program files/x86 ...) and others (like ORBX) to another one.

The best to make it clean and simple is to uninstall ORBX by FTX Central then your P3D. Then reinstall P3D to the right location following FTX England and ORBXlibs

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Blackpool swamp
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I uninstalled the EU: England product and now when I tried to get the installation files again, the Flight Sim Store no longer stocks it. I went to ORBX to get the product and there is only an "add to cart" option. Where can I get the install binary for my product? I retain the invoice, product key email when I purchased.

Hello,

I had understood that if you have already purchased an FTX product from the Flight Sim Store,

your product and the means to download it would still be there until you transferred your

product licence.

If you are sure that this is not the case, you will need to have a read of this topic.

In a nutshell, you can transfer your product licence to Orbx Direct and

then install it using FTX Central v3.

3 hours ago, uncle_adolph said:

Isn't it advisable, when installing P3D, to do so away from the "ProgramFiles" default location?

In FSX I would agree, but in P3D I let it install into Program Files(x86) and it seems happy enough there.

Archived