Issue with KSAN Control Panel

FreeBird

I have ORBX SoCal so I ck that in the CP but if fly around the San Diego area all the Navy ships are missing from the shipyard and also the Photo-real marinas south of the airport loose the boats and you only get the docks. If I ck land class in the CP then all that re appears.   I also notice that there is only traffic on the freeways but none on regular roads or even around the airport?  Also what happened to all the nice palm trees that were around the San Diego area?  I will post screenshots if you would like.  Josh

Here are the screenshots of the my issues. My setting are high, Traffic setting are high.  This is P3D.  Also In ORBX NASoCal you have lots of car traffic but when you add KSAN all the car traffic goes away except on freeways. Also I notice allot of black buildings way off in the distance that don't look right. I don't no why my pictures are fuzzy so seeing the navy boats might be hard.  Josh

2017-3-31_7-56-22-823_zpsufj1gny6.jpg

2017-3-31_8-2-27-786_zpsvt23n0mx.jpg

2017-3-31_7-58-26-243_zpsamv4tesq.jpg

2017-3-31_8-4-22-300_zpsj79e0jrn.jpg

2017-3-31_7-56-4-522_zpsrf7ifqoz.jpg

2017-3-31_8-10-15-128_zpsdngscqrb.jpg

this is normal, you see photoreal boat if you set in the CP the compatibility to NALC because you have actived the SOCAL scenery. You can't use NALC compatibility mode with SOCAL active. For the palms, i will see if i can add some more palms along the streets, but untill now i didn't want add to many details to don't lose performance.

43 minutes ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

this is normal, you see photoreal boat if you set in the CP the compatibility to NALC because you have actived the SOCAL scenery. You can't use NALC compatibility mode with SOCAL active. For the palms, i will see if i can add some more palms along the streets, but untill now i didn't want add to many details to don't lose performance.

I don't understand. If I don't have your airport installed when I fly in ORBX  SoCal the boats and everything are there. It is only when I install your airport and ck SoCal mode(because I have that installed) then all the mentioned details disappear. I'm just telling you there is a issue with SoCal mode active in the CP and the SoCal scenery as it is disabling those parts to that scenery. And also what about the traffic? (Slider set at 30%)   Josh

Fair enough. As it stands at least for me that this product doesn't work or look as I would expect a ORBX product should. I'm disappointed but will move on. Maybe if there is a update I will ck it out again. Thank you for your answer.   Josh

17 hours ago, FreeBird said:

Fair enough. As it stands at least for me that this product doesn't work or look as I would expect a ORBX product should. I'm disappointed but will move on. Maybe if there is a update I will ck it out again. Thank you for your answer.   Josh

The scenery must be for all, so must works on all sistems, this is a very difficult area in terms of VAS and FPS so you could accept some minor details loss.

• 5 months later...

Hello, not sure if I should make a new topic for this however I have been flying in and out of this lovely airport and noticed the taxiways were duplicate and/or mislabeled along with some parking spot issues. When I checked the control panel, I noticed the KSAN compatability mode was not set for neither FTX SoCal or FTX Global. When I select FTX SoCal as I have that installed it doesnt seem to save that mode and upon relaunching FTX3 they are both blank again.

However when I tick FTX Global option it saves this as one would expect. Any idea why it will save for that but not FTX SoCal which is what I need?

Thanks for any advice and sorry again if this should be in a topic of its own.

Thanks for the reply, I checked and didnt see duplicate files in the KSAN folder. After I selected the FTX Global option everything seems OK as it saved that setting however it still wont save my FTX SoCal option even though its installed along with Global and OpenLC NA. Not sure why it still does that however it visually seems OK with the Global setting for now.

quote " When I select FTX SoCal as I have that installed it doesnt seem to save that mode and upon relaunching FTX3 they are both blank again." unquote

Exactly the same here, CP does not seem to save the mode. Should it not stay checked in the CP? 

Roland

Archived