New OLC NA update

Jon Clarke

I have done the update and looked in my Orbx folder at the "Modified" folder date. It shows todays date in both NA1 and NA2 in only the Texture folders. I wish to know if it was only textures that were updated, because i want to keep my stored backup copy of Orbx up to date and if only the Textures were updated I could then just copy over those 2 texture files to my existing backup, rather than both the Scenery & Texture files.

Well I tried that program and it doesn't do anything for me. First download I moved from my Downloaded Program file to my desktop, ran as Administrator and it said I didn't have permission and disappeared completely from my desktop. Second attempt I left it in the Downloaded programs folder, ran as administrator and it came up with Working on it and then completely disappeared. No Disk activity seen and no recognition of a process with that kind of name running when viewing Task manager.

I cannot even find the 2 copies of the download so I can delete them. Very odd program.

I will just copy my PLC filed both Scenery and Texture to my backup since my simple question will not be answered.

Thanks for your input anyway Holger. Appreciated.

Are you sure you've downloaded the correct version? There are eight choices there and, as small as those links look on my browser, it would be easy for me to hit the wrong one (but maybe not twice).  Anyway that's just a thought. I hope you can get it all sorted as I just tried it and it's a great little program. Thanks for the tip Holger.....

Doug

Yes I am sure I got the right one. It was for Windows and labelled as 8.10. Anyway i just download again. I get an exe file. I clicked on it and it disappears from the folder. 

How did you install it? It may be my antivirus stopping it but I am not getting any notification about the AV blocking the install. I can't finfd the programme anywhere on my C drive in either of the Programmes folders now ProgData nor Users App Data.

Just .......gone !

Hi there,

that behavior does sound like antivirus. I just pulled a new download from http://www.freefilesync.org/download/FreeFileSync_8.10_Windows_Setup.exe and let it scan by Avast and it came up clean. However, a scan by Malwarebytes did flag is as a potential threat; if you use MWB you may want to temporarily deactivate it prior to the installation. Have a look here http://www.freefilesync.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3818

Cheers, Holger

Archived