FTX Juneau Alaska Airport Title in FSX

fisheye

In my FSX airport menu (where you pick your airports) I have PAJN Juneau Int SPB in the title but when I choose the airport I am on the runway not in the water.  Is there a way I can remove the SPB in the Juneau menu title inside FSX where I pick an airport.  Conversely when I go to the Juneau Sea Plane Base the title does not have SPB listed.  They just need to be switched.  Is there a way I can change this myself or not.  I couldn't find a file I could access in the scenery or texture folders in the ORBX PAJN folder to make the switch. 

Yes I understand this but my titles are messed up and not like your example.  PAJN Int. has SPB added on to the end of the title and PAJ1 does not, making them incorrect and I just wanted to change them to be right somehow.  Thanks for the response.  Do you need a screenshot?  fisheye

The only thing I can think of to fix it would be to go to your C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX and delete the entire "SceneryIndexes" folder and FSX will build a new one on startup, but first make sure all of your scenery entries are checked enabled before you delete the folder.

Hi there,

sounds like you have another airport facilities file active for PAJN that causes the "confusion". I'd suggest to run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *PAJN*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths.

Cheers, Holger

Doug;  Your method worked.  I now have the proper menu listings for PAJN and PAJ1, but as you can see after picking PJA1 that on the next page in the  "current location menu" it still doesn't have "SPB" shown.  Additionally now I have an artifact show up on my page shown below with a partial aircraft picture showing out of place.  I also have a few new other problems while loading a flight with the menu's not responding normally or behind each other.  I have had issues like this before when my dll.xml file was messed up and it took a long time to resolve that issue.  See Picture below;  fisheye

eygrZWb.jpg

Doug;  I did the Shaders folder and I still have the same issue as in the picture above with the partial aircraft picture out of place and the slow menus and reaction times.  I also noticed a change in the brightness and contrast in FSX being lighter and less contrast.  This could be because I had a large number of shaders in the original folder that I may have added over the years.  I went back to the original Shaders file that I renamed and saved for safety.  Now my visuals are back to the same and look great.  I still have no clue how to correct the issue in the picture above.  I have checked the xml.dll for correct paths and everything looks correct.  Did the same in the fsx.cfg and exe.xml with no help.  Any clues on what might be wrong?  fisheye

• 7 months later...

I found the problem with the out of place aircraft picture.  It is the NVidia Experience program causing the problem.  It is a shame because it is the best screen capture program for videos available and is free.  It however solved the problem when I uninstalled NVidia Experience.  Now using just the current drivers.  I wonder if I am the only one with this problem.  Thanks to all that helped in this issue.  fisheye..

Archived