Questions Concerning Secondary, Tertiary Roads, Small Streams, And Vector Configurator

demio

Hi,

I have two questions:

The first concerns vector's roads and water features. I have begun turning off tertiary roads and small streams for IFR flights. My question is: Does FSX even try to display these features when I'm at 34000 feet, or do they have a LOD as well and I'm not really gaining any advantage at all? How about secondary roads?

Secondly: Is there a way to execute the configurator through a CLI or batch file to automate this configuration (I use SimStarter and would like to have them back when flying VFR)?

Regards,

Dimitrios

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, back in business.

On ‎28‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 1:31 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

There is an example of an alternative tool in that thread also.

I see someone who has a batch file, and someone recommending SceneryConfigEditor. The former (and also SimStarter) are, as far as I can tell, used for switching ORBX regions, which I don't need (and which should be obsolete now anyway).

My problem is that, depending on plane I am using, I would like to configure Global VECTOR accordingly. All boxes (except frozen waters) ticked when flying props, tertiary stuff unticked for turbo-props, and additionaly secondary stuff unticked for jets.

If there is a command line tool for Vector, I could create a batch file to automate that, which I would then let SimStarter call before it fires up FSX.

So, I'd really love to hear from a developer on this. If there isn't a way to configure VECTOR via CLI at the moment, maybe it could be considered for a future release...?

Could you not use the Profile creation facility offered in Vector? For example you may be able to configure Vector with all the requirements you want like everything for your props flight and then "save" that profile as "Props" and so on as per you requirements. Before you choose a flight or start your sim then open up Vector and load "Props" profile and again same type of action for your saved Turbo props and Jets profiles. It may work.

1 hour ago, jjaycee1 said:

Could you not use the Profile creation facility offered in Vector? For example you may be able to configure Vector with all the requirements you want like everything for your props flight and then "save" that profile as "Props" and so on as per you requirements. Before you choose a flight or start your sim then open up Vector and load "Props" profile and again same type of action for your saved Turbo props and Jets profiles. It may work.

Yup, already have 3 profiles saved for the different requirements. I'm looking for a possibility to automate applying those profiles, so I can incorporate it in SimStarter (I've already automated configuration of everything else, from FSX over MCE to PF3, also sound in- and output).

Archived