Winter tile in summer

Mikelab6

Hi,  I am wondering why the sim selects a winter tile in the summer.

SIm date is July 4th

Location North Amercica Quebec Canada

Snow is located on Bromont mountain. This is a mountain where you do skiing, is it why ?

hQF5iGa.jpg

Thanks !

Mike

Hi Doug and Mike, I have a similar problem. I have set today's date and the winter I flew over the Missouri River from Fort Benton downriver.

"Use System Time for Default Scenario" I have set. 

Example 2 screenshots, the weather is set to nicely and in the latter case is set snowfall. I still fly to the north so that logically should be all white and when the snows.

The opposite is true. In fine weather, the snow and lose.
Can you tell me from where can be a problem. Well thank you.
Sincerely
Karoly

eFyk161.png

zdeYyw8.png

None, only uses the engine from the Prepar 3D v.3.4 on me iMAC 2010 with BootCamp to Windows 10.

Today, again, I actually flew from Fort Benton downstream Missouri and again the weather was other than it was yesterday.

I have installed FTX Global Action Pack, Global VECTOR FTX, FTX Global openLC NA and also for the Northern Rockies and at Southern Rockies.

Everywhere I have set that in winter were rivers and lakes from freezing. So, I do not understand why As we travel north suddenly disappearing snow and Missouri river is not frozen.

A piece for Fort Benton to the north will lose Missouri and snow is not frozen. It's Lat 47 deg 50.88 'See picture. Then if you decide to change the flow of the river to the south that are appearing again, snow and freezes Missouri.

IlG9JwQ.png

9JgFnXu.png

Best regards

Karoly

Yesterday I retesting surrounding Fort Benton Airport (79S). Is there a weather anomaly. Snow disappears and appears only when you set during the heavy snow. See attached screens. I tried to uninstall Global openLC FTX NA, but it did not help. Still there are some 2-3 hundred kilometers without the snow. I just do not understand why this is so.
Sincerely
Karoly

IOKuXwb.jpg

DY5F0s9.jpg

Hi there,

to the original poster: Mike, I can confirm that the local landclass uses the "rock & ice" type when it would be more appropriate to have open or subalpine forest instead: https://goo.gl/maps/h51PRno4Qjv I've sent a note to Eugene to consider changing it in the next openLC NA service pack.

Karoly, you "problem" has nothing to do with Mike's landclass report. Instead, what you describe is the normal behavior of the simulator. Every time the local weather situation includes active snowfall the sim will dynamically switch the local landclass ground textures to "hard winter"; the idea is to simulate accumulating snow. Outside that snow-covered area the locally active seasons control file will dictate what seasonal variants are displayed. For the FTX Regions we have compiled our own seasons control file because the global default version is not very accurate and has other issues. Thus, what your describing is the difference between our custom control file and the global file outside of the FTX Regions.

More detailed information:  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/106546-winter-textures-at-fall/#comment-960422 and http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86437-season-transition-problems/

Cheers, Holger

6 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

to the original poster: Mike, I can confirm that the local landclass uses the "rock & ice" type when it would be more appropriate to have open or subalpine forest instead: https://goo.gl/maps/h51PRno4Qjv I've sent a note to Eugene to consider changing it in the next openLC NA service pack.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger !

Archived