A question about AEC

WebMaximus

I installed the UK2000 London-Heathrow Xtreme 3 airport the other day and experienced what seemed to be an elevation issue of some kind where my aircraft (the PMDG NGX) right after the flight loaded (using P3Dv3.2) dropped to the ground resulting in a crash. Interestingly enough this only happens when I jump from some other location to EGLL using the menu in P3D. If I fly to EGLL or load a saved situation where I'm already positioned at EGLL all is fine. Also worth mentioning is this only happens on the first attempt loading a flight. Once I had the first crash P3D will like it always does reload the flight and then I don't see this issue...not until I move away from EGLL and then back again using the menu in P3D.

After I installed the scenery I ran the AEC auto-configuration found in the control panel for Vector like I always do per the recommendation after doing any changes to your installed scenery. This however doesn't stop this issue from happening.

I already asked about this over in UK2000's forums but so far no solution has been found but only some suggestions that didn't change anything.

Today I figured I would have a look on the AEC tab in the Vector control panel again to find out if EGLL is in the list of airports where AEC is enabled or in the list where AEC is disabled. What puzzled me was I couldn't find EGLL in either one of these two lists. I then tried searching for some other airports such as ESSA and found the same thing...not found in any of these lists.

I really don't get this. To me what makes sense is that either AEC is enabled or disabled for a specific airport. What about all airports not listed in either one of these lists?

And back to the UK2000 EGLL airport that causes me the issue described above where my aircraft is floating above the ground on first load and then crashes when hitting the ground. Is this likely to have anything to do with Vector and the AEC?

Thanks in advance for any input and/or help.

I could try this but sounds a bit far-fetched to me the shaders would affect the elevation at an airport?

And I would still like to understand what group an airport belongs to when it doesn't belong to airports with AEC enabled nor airports with AEC disabled.

I think there was a way to manually add an airport to the AEC list or so. Was just reading about it in another topic. I think you have to look inside your Vector/apt folder for the desired airport file. But i don't remember if you have to copy it to the /aec folder or to manually disable it...

Maybe it's worth a try and hopefully someone with the exact procedure can chime in here.

Thanks, found the folder where all AEC files are stored but anything with EGLL in its name was not to be found.

Not a super big deal since I only see this issue when moving to EGLL using the menu in P3D and also it will only happen on first load but of course it would be nice what is causing this issue.

Should also mention that of course I can't say if it has anything to do with FTX Vector. It just seemed that might be the case since FTX Vector does deal with elevation stuff with the AEC feature and so on.

1 hour ago, WebMaximus said:

Thanks, found the folder where all AEC files are stored but anything with EGLL in its name was not to be found.

Not a super big deal since I only see this issue when moving to EGLL using the menu in P3D and also it will only happen on first load but of course it would be nice what is causing this issue.

Should also mention that of course I can't say if it has anything to do with FTX Vector. It just seemed that might be the case since FTX Vector does deal with elevation stuff with the AEC feature and so on.

Just for clarification, did you only look in the vector_AEC folder or also in the vector_APT folder? I don't have the Heathrow addon addon but in my vector_APT folder there is *EGLL* file. I paste a text what i found telling how to manually add an airport to the AEC list, maybe give it a try. If it doesn't help just revert the action.

"For those having elevation issues with Vector 1.15 and on and if the airport you're having issues with isn't in the list for manually dissabling it; Go to your FSX folder and then to the ORBX folder and then to the VECTOR folder; go to the folder VECTOR_APT and open the "scenery" folder, you will see a list of all airports in FSX, go to the airport wich you want to change and copy that file ( for example; ABP_LSZH.bgl ), then go to the folder VECTOR_AEC and open the "scenery" folder and paste the ABP_ file there, now change the name from ABP_ into AEC_ and close everything.

Go to your FTX config tool and open AEC tool, now your airport will be in the list where you can manually disable it and it works."

12 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

I really don't get this. To me what makes sense is that either AEC is enabled or disabled for a specific airport. What about all airports not listed in either one of these lists?

This is normal....If it is not listed in Vector, that means there is no known issues with that airport and nothing for Vector to do.

And just to add that after this discovery where the latest version of FTX Vector apparently causes issues with the UK2000 EGLL v3 I guess it would be a good thing this airport is added to the list of airports with AEC enabled 'out-of-the-box'.

NIce to hear that it works now!

2 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

And just to add that after this discovery where the latest version of FTX Vector apparently causes issues with the UK2000 EGLL v3 I guess it would be a good thing this airport is added to the list of airports with AEC enabled 'out-of-the-box'.

But if definitely FTX Vector caused the problem... who knows. At least it seems to have fixed the problem which was caused by whatever. :D

• 5 months later...

Waking up this old thread because I just realized I have the same problem again even after following the advice in post 9 and making sure EGLL is on the right side to have AEC disabled for this airport.

Any ideas....?

Archived