Another openLC North America - Alaska/Canada mixup

Dean95c

Hello,

I've recently decided to update all of my flight sim software after some issues obtaining my PPL. When attempting to download the old openLC North America - Alaska/Canada I found out that it was discontinued or something. Could this be added to my FTX Central Account so I can download it? 

Order #FSS0451056 (Completed)
Order Date: Monday 04 January, 2016 (2016-01-04)

Thanks,

Dean.

Spud, I think that Dean is referring to the old product now forming a part of the expanded newer product and probably feels that it is a tad improper to force people to purchase the newer product at full cost just so they can get the older part that they already have paid for!!

3 hours ago, spud said:

Your a bit late for the discount it was for 30 days a long time back!

There was a discount?

1 hour ago, Bassman said:

Spud, I think that Dean is referring to the old product now forming a part of the expanded newer product and probably feels that it is a tad improper to force people to purchase the newer product at full cost just so they can get the older part that they already have paid for!!

Spud is absolutely spot on. If someone, in this case me, bought a product that was later merged with what was a second product it seems crummy to make them pay full price for a product they already have half of... If I already have openLC NA AK/CAN then I should only be paying for the NA that wasn't released with AK/CAN.
I guess the argument you could make is that you have a product and I want it so eventually, in order to get it I'll pay for it; that's no way to do business though.

It was clearly stated when Orbx sold Alaska Canada that it was just to hold us over to the full product was ready and that there would be a short term discount when the final product was released to any early adopters. If people don't read then how can that not be fair. We just had a two month sale where you could of got it for allot cheaper. I don't think Orbx will do this kind of pre release in the future as it has caused so much trouble and bad will.

Hi Dean,  "Dan" is absolutely spot on.......

Hi Freebird, I do not believe that it was in fact made clear that a pre-release would have to be paid for IN FULL again when combined with a final product. The fact that a sale was on is irrelevant to being able to download a product one has already paid for. Maybe this is why so many customers want to keep their own copies of their purchases rather than rely on it's being available from the store ongoing. Anyway, probably enough said by me on the subject; lets give Orbx time to sort out a solution as intimated by Richard.

Archived