What looks like missing road textures

jd_jay

Was doing a planned GA flight and think i was over Cuba, i looked down and could see a clearing for what looks like a motorway, but there is no road textures.  Any one know whats up?  Co ordinates are in the screen shot, many thanks.

bSZHwoQ.jpg

Your location is approx 7nm north of MUCU, with Vector in my P3Dv3 it shows road textures, but if I disable Vector in my scenery library it shows the same as your screenshot....do you have Vector installed? Otherwise, I think that what you see is normal Global base textures for that region of the planet.

4 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Your location is approx 7nm north of MUCU, with Vector in my P3Dv3 it shows road textures, but if I disable Vector in my scenery library it shows the same as your screenshot....do you have Vector installed? Otherwise, I think that what you see is normal Global base textures for that region of the planet.

Thats correct Doug, thats where i was.  I dont have vector no so your analysis is spot on.  However those normal Global textures dont look very normal to me considering thats meant to be a spaghetti junction ahead.  Are they missed textures as they do appear else where?  Thanks again for your reply.

21 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

What else do you have active in the area?

I do not see that road layout in FSX with only FTX Global Base active.

If default roads had those smooth curves and that degree of detail, there would be no need for Vector.

Hi Nick, ok so running P3D, i have Global installed, thinking about it, would i be right in saying OpenLC North America reaches those islands too, i have that installed?  I have FlyTampa St Maartens installed as of today, so currently i dont think that comes in to the equation, and has very limited coverage anyway?.  Ive just come across a lot like it in TJSJ area to.

Thanks for your replies guys, what happens about it? is it just one of those things, should another product which i dont have be needed to make it look right? I dont know myself, or does it go down as a bug?

Just to confirm, I'm also seeing this exact issue in/around Tijuana Airport, Mexico and along the coast south of San Diego.

I have FTX Global with Open LC USA - but NO Vector installed.

I seem to remember when recently installing Open LC USA that I was given an option to install it with, or without, the roads "grass skirtings"??

I can't seem to find anywhere in FTX Central to amend/change this - there is no Configuration Panel for OpenLC USA as there currently is for Open LC Europe - just wondering if:

a - installing OpenLC USA WITHOUT the grass skirtings would resolve this,- if so:

b - could a config panel be added to OpenLC USA in FTX Central 3 as per OpenLC Europe

Regards

Steve

Thanks Nick, interesting that i have OpenLC Europe, with skirting enabled and yet no missing road textures, maybe the control option needs wording so that its to be used if you have Vector installed or something along those lines if thats the case.

Nick

I think what Jd means is that Open LC Europe DOES currently have a control panel where road (& rail) skirtings can be turned on and off and Open LC USA doesn't.

Yet despite the lack of USA control panel, and him not having vector, this "missing road" anomaly does not seem to appear in Europe even when the road skirtings are on - a fact that I too can verify.

Its strange that this issue only seems to have surfaced in Open LC USA and not in OpenLC Europe - why would people with OpenLC XXX and not Vector (like JD & me), not also see this issue in Europe too.

By the way, the link you provided for a file to put into Orbx\Scripts does not work.

Regards

Steve

Thats the exact same screen and error code that I get too on that link.....weird?!?!?

Its no biggie, I'll happily wait until the US control panel is delivered via an FTX Central update (I can probably work out which .bgl's to rename to .off in OLC NA1 & OLC NA2 anyway by looking at and comparing whats in the OLC EU folders).

Thanks again guys

Regards

Steve

11 hours ago, moggy72 said:

Nick

I think what Jd means is that Open LC Europe DOES currently have a control panel where road (& rail) skirtings can be turned on and off and Open LC USA doesn't.

Yet despite the lack of USA control panel, and him not having vector, this "missing road" anomaly does not seem to appear in Europe even when the road skirtings are on - a fact that I too can verify.

Its strange that this issue only seems to have surfaced in Open LC USA and not in OpenLC Europe - why would people with OpenLC XXX and not Vector (like JD & me), not also see this issue in Europe too.

By the way, the link you provided for a file to put into Orbx\Scripts does not work.

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve, thats precisely what i meant.  My wording about the control panel was regards to the future implication of a control panel option for OpenLC NA, their is already one for OpenLC EU, i believe that came with the latest update, often lately the option ticks dont tell you enough information to help with your decision.  Especially if the skirting option is going to need to be switched off in OpenLC NA so you dont get these bare skirts, yet in OpenLC EU that doesnt seem to be the case at all.  That link doesnt work for me either, i get the same message.  Its no biggy, im sure it will get resolved eventually and this has helped improve the product, thats all i wanted.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived