What are you flying?

Turnip

I have a new install, new gear, new everything and am exploring FTX. My dilemma is that I want to fly bush and explore FTX but I also like heavies. I'm cuious as to what you are flying in the following categories.

A:) Bush Plane

B:) TurboProp

C:) Heavy

Also,

D:) Good All Around Panel For Each.

Either Payware of preferably free.

Enlighten me!

All payware, but my favs

A:) Bush Plane:  Wait for a Dreemfleet FSX release (soon!) http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/ - I am enjoying the Piper Saratoga II from FSD International http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/Saratoga/

B:) TurboProp: Flight1 ATR.  Superb! - http://atr.flight1.net/ - I also love Majestic Software's Dash 8 http://www.majesticsoftware.com

C:) Heavy: Level-D 767.  I like it more than PMDG 747 (http://precisionmanuals.com/) because it has better frames (Edit: for me anyway) and you can do short and long hauls http://www.leveldsim.com/sevensix_home.asp

There goes the budget!

Cheers,

Matt.

My hangar is way to big for my limited time. But... the most used so far :

A:) Bush Plane - (Let's call it small GA) Eaglesoft Twin Comanche - fantastic FPS performance, first choice above dense areas.

B:) Turbo Prop - DHC-6 Twin Otter X and the DA Cheyenne X - both from Aerosoft (just got the Iris PC-9)

C:) Heavy - Flight1 Super80

For my longer flights and my FSEconomy flights, I generally use this...

Piper Cheyenne II by Digital AviationPosted Image

Right now, my recreational favourite has to be this one...

SF260 by RealAir Simulations

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers,

Mmmm, I've been planning on buying the Cheyenne for a while now.. After seeing your vid Chris, I might have to give the SF260 a go too! Great roll rate on her!

I spend most of my time at the moment in the Carenado 182Q II. Once I've tamed her I have the 206 in the hangar waiting..

Aerosoft Twin Otter is my newest, haven't had much time in her yet..

I'm also considering the Captain Sim C130, or perhaps the Level D 767.

Guest J van E

Right now I only fly the RealAir Scout. The last year or so I did only fly the RealAir SF260. I did fly the default C172 after getting FTX, because the speed and high wings suit FTX better, but after giving it some thought I bought the Scout specially for that.

I haven't flown a heavy for about a year or two. I've flown all the heavy ones that were available at that time (LevelD, PMDG, etc.) but I found out I like GA more. I am a bit of a perfectionist and when I fly a heavy I want to fly it as real as possible and in the end it became too much like work... having to learn all systems and having to remember it all too...! If I stopped flying for a month, I had to re-learn a lot and I got tired of that... I also don't have that much time to do long flights and doing a cityhop lasitng half an hour with a Boeing, well... no... And quite important: I'd usually spend time looking at the panel only instead of looking outside...!

With GA everything is a lot simpler and imho more fun too. Short flights are no problem and the systems are easy to remember. ;) And now FTX is there, my love for GA has become even bigger. :)

After seeing maxters video I raced out and puchased thr 260. Flys like a dream and you can do spins feels so real. Very smooth and just feels right. Side slipping no problems either, landing in crosswinds with the windward wing low landing on one wheel, very satisfying. Thanks Maxter

cheers

Cheers guys, glad the video gave you some fun.  It was an interesting time making it and a lot of fun in the SF260.

I am waiting for Adrian at the Flightsimstore to get the Scout package in and then I am going to do one with the Decathalon.  I have the song picked out already and am starting to work out the moves in my head  :D

The problem with this site is that I am now so constantly diverted away from my work, I am starting to find it difficult to do some paying work  ;D  ;D   Koorbs, you have a lot to answer for.  Wouldn't it be great if I could do this for a living  :D   :D   :D  Just one Powerball   ::)

Cheers all,

Guest Private-Cowboy

I only fly four planes in FSX:

1.) General A. - Carenado Mooney ...

Posted Image

2.) Turboprop-Twin, Bush-plane - Aerosoft Twin Otter (now even better with version 1.11) ...

Posted Image

3.) Heavy Metal Airliner - Level-D 767 ...

Posted Image

3.) Military Transport - CaptainSim C-130X ...

Posted Image

All of them are great, frameratefrienly and incredibly detailled. I'd go with the Twin Otter first, then the Mooney. If you like Heavies, there is hardly anything better than the Level-D. And the Herc? It's a classic in every imaginable way.

And let me give ya a word of warning about some addons I also tested. The PMDG 747X butchers the framerate as does the Flight1 ATR and the Do-27 and the Piper Cheyenne is still (after the patch) very pretty prone to CTDs. Those are good addons, I'd just not recommend them for the start. The RealAir Scout ist great but the clinically clean looks is nothing for me.

Most I agree with. 

My only variation from the lists are the FSD Navajo - I flew one in the real world so there is a sentimental thing here. It is unpressurised and cruises around 180, so I find it great for re-living my past, flying a businessman around SA and NSW country, and once up to Darwin and back - with the occasional Sydney trip. 

And the Wilco Airbus 1, which allows some great short hops between city pairs.  We are often Boeing snobs, but there are almost as many Airbus in the world airline fleets as the 737, and they can be quite quick to setup if you have limited time.

For me    Aerosoft Twin Otter

Piper Comanche

and I love the Flight 1 PC12  trouble is its such a FPS hog which is a shame 

regards Mike

Guest Private-Cowboy

Really? I also had a short go in the FSX PC-12 before I gave her back for a refund (did not like the VC) and the framerate was very good. In fact, it was nearly as good as the Carenado Mooney. You're sure you used the FSX-version with native FSX model an all?

All payware

a) Carenado U206II

B) Aeroworx Beech 200

c) Not while my butt points to the ground

d) Custom Panels in almost all my Aircraft with RXP Instrumentation featured in both the 206 and the B200.

The FS9 Aeroworks B200 Works in FSX (at least it does on my hybrid system)

Guest Private-Cowboy

All payware

a) Carenado U206II

B) Aeroworx Beech 200

c) Not while my but points to the ground

d) Custom Panels in almost all my Aircraft with RXP Instrumentation featured in both the 206 and the B200.

Since when is the Aeroworx avail for FSX???

I used to only fly the PMDG 737 and 747 but since my machine has a little trouble coping with those at a framerate I like I have discovered the world of GA flying. Until recently I was flying the RealAir SF260 and Twin Comanche a lot but since I started flying lessons all I fly is the Evektor Eurostar (http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?p=55760). I fly an Evektor Sportstar which is basically the Australian version of the Eurostar. It has a good VC on it. It has a 2d panel but I don't use it because of track ir.

I really like the Twin Comanche and the RealAir SF260 though.

Steven.

A:) Bush Plane - (Let's call it small GA) Eaglesoft Twin Comanche - fantastic FPS performance, first choice above dense areas.

B:) Turbo Prop - DHC-6 Twin Otter X and the DA Cheyenne X - both from Aerosoft (just got the Iris PC-9)

I've been looking at the Flight1 Super80.  Trying to weigh it up against the Maddog 2006 offering...  ???  :-*

Bush Plane - Aerosoft's Beaver X or DO27

Small GA - Glassair III from Australian Simulations or DA Piper Cheyenne X

Turbo Prob - Aerosoft's Twin Otter or the PC12 from Flight 1

Heavy - Not really into them

Military - Waiting on Aerosoft's F-16  (Just looove them :))

I've been looking at the Flight1 Super80.  Trying to weigh it up against the Maddog 2006 offering...  ???  :-*

The Maddog doesn't have a VC, right ? I am very satisfied with the F1 Super80, really well made. In the beginning i had OOM errors with this aircraft, but after enabling the >2GB switch (modified exe comes with FSX SP2, USERVA set to 2560) everything was fine. Now with Vista 64 i have no more virtual address problems at all...

The Maddog doesn't have a VC, right ? I am very satisfied with the F1 Super80, really well made. In the beginning i had OOM errors with this aircraft, but after enabling the >2GB switch (modified exe comes with FSX SP2, USERVA set to 2560) everything was fine. Now with Vista 64 i have no more virtual address problems at all...

Correct about the VC - apparently they're working on it.  FlightSimStore sells F1 Super80 for 50 bucks.  I think I'll get it. :)

Thanks for the info.

Guys, don't forget the default aircraft! Alexander Metzger made some great new flight models for them (slip, spin, etc). http://metzgergva.de/default_e.htm The Cessna works fine, so does the Cub, however, the engine of the latter cannot be started, so the aircraft must be loaded with engine already running. I wonder if Alexander intents to give those birds a SP2 overhaul. 

Will check 'em out as it's the FMs which prevent me from flying any defaults.  The way they gain speed on the descent and squirrel all over the runway on take-off makes them off-limits except for slewing around placing scenery.

Bush: 

- RealAir Scout/Citabria, especialy the tundra version

- Aerosoft BeaverX Tundra or Float/Wheel combo (depend which part I fly)

Turbo-Prop:

- Aerosoft Twin Otter X

- Piper Cheyenne

- Cessna Caravan

THose are perfect in FTX.

Heavies:

Seldom fly these especially with this great FTX landscape, but if I do, the Wilco 737's

I just loaded Alexanders updated FM for the C172 and it's very nice. Better trim control and what seemed to be better lateral control on the take off run..., didn't get a chance to see if i could make it sideslip, try that tomorrow.

Oh, it does slip!  ;D BTW, I saw too late that all FM except the Cub are already patched for SP2, so no issues here.

I've purchased many aircraft to find the few that I fly.  These are the ones I'm flying currently, though once the RealAir FSX Spitfire is released I won't be flying anything else for a while...

RealAir SF260

Posted Image

Shockwave P-40

Posted Image

Acceleration P-51

Posted Image

Captain Sim C-130

Posted Image

RealAir Decathlon

Posted Image

Acceleration F-18

Posted Image

The only panel mod I use is the one by J van E for the RealAir SF260.  Its white like with static shadows, and you can get it at avsim.

Posted Image

Archived