WOW - KAVX and VR is Amazing!

cabnz

Hi guys,

I just did my first flight in a helicopter around one half of KAVX in VR and all I can say is WOW!  What an experience, it just blow me away!

Thank you for a great package. On top of that, purchase and download was easy and smooth.

Cheers,

Craig  

1 hour ago, Ken Hall said:

great news maybe after the sale i can afford a VR headset, which do you recomend

I like mine, the oculus rift. Final price is similar to the vive, but since you can buy it without the touch controlers (not needed for simming) you could spend less initially (599 vs 799 for the vive, with touch controllers at 199 bringing it to the same price, but again not needed). 

2 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

great news maybe after the sale i can afford a VR headset, which do you recommend

Definitely recommend the Oculus Rift - especially for flight sims. I own both the Rift and the Vive and have found the Rift to be clearer and smoother. As you are probably aware, VR isn't as crisp as a monitor but it's not bad and the emersion is incredible.

PS: And landing on the boat helipad is much easier in VR too :D

1 hour ago, walterg74 said:

I like mine, the oculus rift. Final price is similar to the vive, but since you can buy it without the touch controlers (not needed for simming) you could spend less initially (599 vs 799 for the vive, with touch controllers at 199 bringing it to the same price, but again not needed). 

Looks like the rift has it, will my 780ti cut it, may need to grab a 1080

thanks for the heads up

41 minutes ago, cabnz said:

Definitely recommend the Oculus Rift - especially for flight sims. I own both the Rift and the Vive and have found the Rift to be clearer and smoother. As you are probably aware, VR isn't as crisp as a monitor but it's not bad and the emersion is incredible.

PS: And landing on the boat helipad is much easier in VR too :D

I need all the help I can get landing the chopper, looks like the rift is the goods, many thanks for you feedback

cheers

Ken

8 hours ago, John Venema said:

Grab a 1080 and Rift Ken, best combo ever. Also try to run P3D off an SSD if you can. 45fps is the magic number you need for smooth VFR flights inside the Rift.

May need a new CPU as well, I have a locked intel at 3.6-3.9.

on the bright side I have 2 x 560 gig SSD.

thanks for the feedback

cheers

Well.....Ken and Tim - what can I say?!

Just spent 2 hours non stop in my Oculus Rift exploring Catalina with the Milviz 530.  Pretty drained from concentrating on slow flight and hovering.  Just fantastic experience in VR.  I could not resist spending some time carefully searching around the golf course for a lawn mower, but no joy!  Nice to see a helipad on the big ocean liner - have I seen that ship in Pago Pago?

My set up is an I7 - 5 series with a 980Ti card and in Flyinside I get 40/94 and al is very smooth.  I use process lasso to set AS16 and the Oculus software on Core 1 and 2 and set AffinityMask to 116 in Jobscheduler.  No other tweaks at all.  Seems to have done the job.

Again, fantastic scenery and totally immersive with VR.

Now for a beer, and a short flight in 2D to get some screenies to post!

Kev

Archived