KBHB - Photos of aircraft in the orthoscenery

BabtridgeMcJoystick

Hello there

I picked up KBHB in the sale and have been having a fun time trying to figure out how to solve this :) :

A5OCSbR.jpg

With the photos of the planes in the tarmac. I have BASE, Vector and OpenLC NA installed in in my library. I have run the elevation checker a number of times. I cant for the life of me think whats wrong. 

I don't have the NA Freeware pack in my account but I have a feeling I may have installed it in the past. Is there a way to check for it?

Cheers!

FSS0490146

Hi BabtridgeMcJoystick,

1. See if there are these files (or others with KBHB) in this folder and if they have the extension ".OFF". If there is any file with KBHB without this extension, put the extension ".OFF".

00 kbhb off.jpg

2. See if the FTX block is below "Addon Scenery" If it's FSX or the last third party add on, in the case of P3D.

00 kbhb ftx bock.jpg

3. Make sure your mesh is set to 5m (five meters)

Cheers,

Voyager

Hi Voyager

Thanks for responding.

It seems I did not install the freeware as I do not have a folder with that name. I also do not appear to have an entry in my library specifically called "Addon Scenery", rather I just have all the names of other addons.

I have also tried with both NA OpenLC on and off, no joy so far.

Is that orthophoto actually from any ORBX addon that you recognise?

Cheers

The orthoimagery is the imagery shipped with Bar Harbor, but the ground polygon is missing.

Could you check to see if "Orbx_KBHB_gp.BGL" is in [Prepar3D]\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBHB\scenery?

If it is there, could you run a search in the entire Prepar3D directory for "KBHB" and post a screenshot of the results?

It is possible your installation is incomplete, first thing to try is uninstalling and reinstalling via FTX Central to see if the missing file shows up.

If that fails, I have attached the ground polygon file, unzip it and put it in [Prepar3D root]\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBHB\scenery. If the reinstall fails to put the file in place I'll also follow up to see if it is missing from the Prepar3D V2 fileset. 

Orbx_KBHB_gp.zip

Hi Alex

I'd tried to reinstall a couple of time previous with no luck, but adding your file in seems to have cured the imagery problem. However there's a couple of anomalies with the statics in that from some angles the model is transparent:

dWzbgKE.png

There is also some flashing of the 'new' textures too sorry lol :) Each flash sort of reveals the underlying photo image. My mesh is set to 5m. Never rains but it pours, right haha

Thanks for the ongoing help, its much appreciated

I've been notified that the ground polygon file was missing in the fileset for Prepar3D v2.x, and is being added back. So for now you are ok, and in the future a reinstall will contain the correct file.

The statics are a library object that we need to tweak, they've had long-standing transparency issues in P3D.

Are you using EZDOK in P3D? Or are the ground polygon flashes occurring when in avatar mode? Sometimes native P3D ground polygons can act up with certain cameras. They also sometimes need to "settle" for a minute after initially loading but only for a minute. I'll double check as well to make sure all of my usual anti-flicker is applied.

Cheers Alex, good to hear the fix is going in. Yeah the flicker is in EZ-DOK camera mode. 

If they have had a long standing issue, are the static models on the to-do list any time soon? It would be good to get the full effect especially as, due to VAS considerations, I tend to run with AI traffic off and the statics help rid the sim of that dead feeling.

Loving the building models and texturing at KBHB, they look fantastic! I've been enjoying my side hobby of sim tourism checking them out!

I'll check up on the static models, they have been that way for quite some time indeed.

As for the flickering ground polygon, I have two new ones to test. Back up the existing one in [Prepar3D root]\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBHB\scenery, and then try Orbx_KBHB_gp.bgl from the zip folder. If that one flickers or has other issues, try Orbx_KBHB_gp_opt_ref.bgl. Be sure not to have two ground polygons active at the same time :)

KBHB_P3D2_gp.zip

• 2 weeks later...

No Addon Scenery folder in your library? I have never heard of that folder missing before. Perhaps it is a P3D thing so maybe someone would advise if P3D has the same folder for all addon scenery like FSX does? Just for my knowledge.

I confirm P3D does not include an Addon Scenery Folder. You can always create one but it is not there by default.

I tend to create one on another drive outside of the directory itself and place all my non directory-required installation addons in there. Most of my other addons are freeware and only consist of a Scenery & Texture file. If there is an addon that also contains Effects or Sounds etc I place the contents of those files in the appropriate folders in the P3D directory. They are normally very small bgls.

To date i have no problems at all. I have dozens of freeware airports that work just great in P3D that were designed for FSX. Those that have an anomaly I just ditch.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived