The L-39 Albatros lands in Ofu Village

dominique

A small video, my third, again shot in the OrbX Samoas. I wanted to stay below 4 minutes this time. The idea is to land a jet on a short runway  :)  ! The key is a stabilized approach. The Lotus Simulations L-39, released in 2009 for FSX, flies all right in Prepar3D (except for the strobe lights) and is still one of the best jets out there. The OrbX Samoas are also one of my favorite flying grounds. 

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent video and some great flying.

I wish I could land my L-39 on a short runway like that.

Why couldn't you, Martyn :) ? Flying by the book and practice do  it. And don't let that puny runway impress you, large or short, wide or narrow you still use the same space. It is all in your head. Now, I crashed a lot of times before getting the hang of landing on such a runway :lol: !

Keep the aircraft speed steady at a little more than  220 kph from the end of downwind while having some power left under the pedal for a go around. 

On 11/15/2016 at 8:41 AM, FSRobert said:

You must have woken up the Ofu villagers landing that L39 there...nice video.  

Yes, it was early in the morning, inconsiderate of me wasn't it ;) ? On the plus side, the Albatros doesn't go supersonic !

54 minutes ago, dominique said:

Why couldn't you, Martyn :) ? Flying by the book and practice do  it. And don't let that puny runway impress you, large or short, wide or narrow you still use the same space. It is all in your head. Now, I crashed a lot of times before getting the hang of landing on such a runway :lol: !

Keep the aircraft speed steady at a little more than  220 kph from the end of downwind while having some power left under the pedal for a go around. 

I must practice more but at the moment I am re installing everything back onto P3D which is a slow process the way I do it. I will have to put the L-39 in the queue. Thank you for the encouragement.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived