Until the capability is added back to FTX how can I restore Global Only?

Noel

Yes, I was miffed seriously when I mistakenly ran the migration only to discover it was no longer possible to run Global Only by unchecking the various regions I own in the Scenery Library manager in P3D w/o resulting in elevation corruption rendering Global Only achieved by this method as worthless.  85% of the time I'm flying PMDG product w/ FSCaptain, I use it almost daily, and now it's toast because my rig is not up to the task of running FTX regions with PMDG products.

I understand due to customer demand/complaints about this, the ability to get back to Global Only may be coming at some point, but not mentioned was when.  Until then, I truly have to park P3D, and yes I'm miffed about that.

So, what options might I have short of a complete wipe and reinstall of P3D and Global Only, leaving off regions until this issue is restored by ORBX?  Some have mentioned 'SimStarter', however it is unclear whether or not POST MIGRATION the issue of elevation change corruption isn't solved.   As I say, I tried unchecking the various regional sceneries in the scenery library manager in P3D but the result is unusable because of corrupted elevation and who knows what else.

Thanks in advance.

That functionality won't take long to be added to FTXCv3, the library sorting bugs in FSX are already fixed, so an FTX Global only mode is not hard to add and it's on Ben's list. We have a list of key issues I want fixed within a week and your requirement is one of them.

6 minutes ago, John Venema said:

That functionality won't take long to be added to FTXCv3, the library sorting bugs in FSX are already fixed, so an FTX Global only mode is not hard to add and it's on Ben's list. We have a list of key issues I want fixed within a week and your requirement is one of them.

John,

good to here the sorting bug is fixed.  Waiting for the release like an expectant father!!:rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, dominique said:

Hoping that we won't go back to the switching, pre- v2 style ;)..., I like how it works now

It is not a switch, just a way to disable what you are not using to free up resources for other things. Nothing wrong with options in the interface to suit different needs.

41 minutes ago, Matthew Kane said:

It is not a switch, just a way to disable what you are not using to free up resources for other things. Nothing wrong with options in the interface to suit different needs.

Matthew, I didn't make myself clear. Nothing wrong with options indeed, but contrary to the OP, I want to use Global and the regions together, seamlessly. I hope that we'll be able to without any manipulation. Let's also hope  that OrbX does not engage in a new round of issues, like after the v2 migration, to satisfy people that are never satisfied with OrbX anyway (cf the Avsim forum). I see a lot of people doing the tubeliners happy with the situation as it is now and just using a launcher when they want to disconnect the fatties.

Most of the elevation issues are caused by the ADE Elevation files that are placed by the addon install process into Scenery\world\scenery. They are easy to find. I believe the OP's problem is very similar to the one I raised about not being able to fly with totally OLC NA/Global scenery if you have any NA regions installed. I wanted to compare the OLC coverage of for example the PNW region but found numerous elevation issues. Temporarily removing the associated ADE Elevation files resolved the problem. Just deactivating the PNW Scenery and Texture files does not remove the ADE files in their location.

Orbx responded that they are going to introduce an option that will completely disable all aspects of a scenery, which I believe is similar to what JV mentioned above. Good news for you tubeliner folks where highly detailed scenery is not that relevant at 30,000+ ft, but required and superb for the low and slow VFR folks. Now we will have a choice of the scenery we want depending on the type of plane we choose for a flight.

On 11/8/2016 at 7:24 AM, Matthew Kane said:

It's always best for users to have control over whatever they wish to do w/ the sim.  ORBX hopefully will restore the level of control to run Global Only or Sceneries, or both at users' discretion.

Archived