Refinery Textures

JABarron

Good Evening,

I have just carried out a reinstallation of my ORBX sceneries into Prepar3D V3.4 using FTX Central 3, everything seems to work alright except for the textures beneath the refineries. They seem to start with a water texture underneath and then change to all sorts of random textures as you move around them. Here are some examples:

2016-11-2_19-54-24-220_zpssm2wpiga.png

Just to the east of Cardiff

2016-11-2_19-59-21-916_zpsjd2rpvdp.png

Portland, Dorset UK not Oregon

2016-11-2_20-2-28-905_zpsaceutnlo.png

Fawley near Southampton

2016-11-2_20-4-50-344_zpsa5lgqxgf.png

Immingham, north east of Humberside airport

It only seems to be the refineries that are effected. Does anyone have any suggestions.

James

FTX EU: Wales #FSS0526866

FTX EU: Scotland #FSS0524532

FTX EU: England #FSS0512812

Thanks for the reply Holger, the trouble shooter shows everything migrated correctly.

I have checked my ORBX/FTX_EU/FTX_EU_ENG_8_CUSTOM, ORBX/FTX_EU/FTX_EU_SCO_8_CUSTOM and ORBX/FTX_EU/FTX_EU_WLS_8_CUSTOM texture folders and have no 063b files, 8 077b files in each and no 194b files.

From your advice on the linked post, you suggested a reinstallation of the EU regions, so i'll try that and report back.

James

FTX EU: Wales #FSS0526866

FTX EU: Scotland #FSS0524532

FTX EU: England #FSS0512812

I have done multiple uninstalls and reinstalls now. Scotland now has 194b files, England and Wales don't have any and no 063b files either. Also Wales never migrates properly, I have to delete the .migrated files and make FTX Central 3 synchronize the regions again, as in this post:

The refineries in Scotland still have the same problems as the other regions.

James

I have the same issue with refinery textures see these screenshots of Milford Haven. I noticed that the textures keep changing and I have tried the morphing fix but to no avail. I have upgraded to FTX Central3 and have all the latest patches and lib files and have checked the files mentioned above and the migration tool shows everything migrated correctly. What is the issue? Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

http://imgur.com/a/Ux1jD

• 3 weeks later...

An update. I bought and installed FTX Global Base and the problem has gone. So it appears that FTX Global base replaces something within the FTX EU regions for the refinery textures.

Anyway this can now be logged as resolved.

Many thanks

James

Archived