New scenery order after ftx V3

jlsaghaa

Just finished to install ftx V3

First problem with vector sceneries :

Before V3 :

2vectorbefore_1.jpg

After V3 (even if correct it, after running ftx it come again like that)

1vectorafter_1.jpg

Second problem with Open :

Before V3

4openafter_1.jpg

After V3 (even if correct it, after running ftx it come again like that)

3openafter_1.jpg

Is that normal or is that an anomaly ?

And last point : orbxlibs wich was in the past at top of ftx library is now in the middle (seems to be organized by alphabetic order ....)

Thanks voyager but i have done save ...... and that change and go back to the bad situation

But here the pb is not the inserted point , it is correct for me but when i run ftx central V3, orbxlibs change of position, vector files change (of position and order)  also and the Base folder of open come on top (before was on last position ........) 

Seems necessary to ask precises questions :

- does the orbxlibs library must be in top of all other FTX forders ? or anywhere ?

- for open lc : Does the openlc_base must be in top or in bottom of the open folders ?

- If you have mesh FTX 2010 : the mesh forder must be before vector's folder or below ?

- what is the exact order for the vector's folder ?

Thanks in advance

short and precises answers:

- does the orbxlibs library must be in top of all other FTX forders ? or anywhere ? FTX block has its own indexing system that makes the natural ordering of FTX files and folders. Thus, the file tree is that and should not be scrambled.

Indexers.jpg

- for open lc : Does the openlc_base must be in top or in bottom of the open folders ? As stated above for FTX block, it is to OLC unit. It has its own file ordering logic and they should stay as they are.

IndexerCrescentOrder.jpg

- If you have mesh FTX 2010 : the mesh forder must be before vector's folder or below ? Please see the illustrated figure below.

LIBRARY-FTX-OLC-MESH-VECTOR-POSITIONS-2.jpg

- what is the exact order for the vector's folder ? Please see the illustrated figure above.

Cheers,

Voyager

Voyager, thanks for your return. i will apply that.

But i m very surprised that with FTX central  v2 orbxlibs and openlc_base were not at the same position on my sim. That's strange because all was perfect and i never had to modify there position ....

Re OrbXlibs : the scenery library now reflects a pure alphabetical order of the FTX block which puts, in my  setup, FTXAA_OrbXlibs between  FTX_NZSI_08_ Customs and FTXAA_PNG_Holgermesh, a little disconcerting at first. 

The mesh is now below Vector indeed.

9 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

I also noticed the new placement of the Libs, but left it alone.

Didn't touch it either. That being said, this is strange as usually any libs is above what it caters, isn't it ? It seems that there is a double logic now in the scenery library, entirely alphabetical within the OrbX block and by layer priority for anything else. 

HI Just a quick one, reinstalled my orbx regions, all FTX should go bellow Addon Scenery? And Orbxlibs should be at the top of the list? Now my FTX stuff sitting at the top and  and bellow the orbxlib and bellow addon and the rest... sorry if it was already discussed.

Hi Voyager, this looks like your last one I used and it helped then but the new one is different.  As Stew mentions there is no longer a single OLC, what I do now?  Do I treat all the OLC's as a single one and move them down accordingly?

My bad!  I neglected to look up at the thread.  I like it, I'll see if I can replicate what you show.  Thanks much!

Ok, I just had a chance to try to sort them out.

First I don't understand why there's two of them, I mean why is there an FTX and and open land class drop down menus?

Second, try as I might I simply cannot click on and drag what I want where.  They don't move.  How do I actually move them up and down?

In FTX 2 it was a simple matter of clicking and dragging them up and down.

Show me very confused.  

2 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Jack,  There are drop down menus to accomplish what you're trying to do.  There's no longer a click-and-drag method.

Drop down menus?  Huh?  I am absolutely baffled now.

Can someone at Orbx make a video on how to do this?

Because when I click on either one of those drop down menus, everything in the now out of sequence list comes up but I have no idea how to actually move them.  Bordering on frustration now...:blink:

I have to go out.  I'm sorry Stew and Voyager but I just don't understand.  I wish I could fiddle with it now but need to take the wife out food shopping...

Hi all,

It seems that the old order is what is right, but FTC3 readjusts to alphabetical order when it is open.

Let's see what Holger will tell about this new order of Vector:

It looks like I will have to redo the above table again. I'm sorry gentlemen.

Voyager

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Hi all,

It seems that the old order is what is right, but FTC3 readjusts to alphabetical order when it is open.

Let's see what Holger will tell about this new order of Vector:

It looks like I will have to redo the above table again. I'm sorry gentlemen.

Voyager

No permission?  Oh well, anyway thanks Voyager, I'll wait on what you put together, I'm sure it'll get straightened out like things did last summer.

Thanks for working on this.

Best regards.

Jack

Archived