65S problem

Jack Sawyer

Today I bought three airports.

KBLU - Tests OK.

KBZN - Tests OK.

But 65S I'm underground.

First thing I did was look in AEC but 65S was not showing on either side.

Then I did a search here for 65S and found nothing.  So I'm posting my screenshots.

lPJ9HiP.jpg

t0IlJ2R.jpg

eYtfkLe.jpg

I have Global, Vector, the required region.  I don't understand how to get it to look normal.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Ripcord, yes, the first thing I did was let it scan all the way through.

Only then did I do a search on both sides and it didn't come up on either the enable or disable side.

I bought three airports today and this is my usual procedure after each one.  One at a time.

Install it, run as admin.

Run FTX Central to look for updates.

Then go to the Vector AEC tool and let it run its full course.

Then I run the sim.

I tried searching here six ways to Sunday but with the forum search function I can't even find my own post.  Very odd.

I imagine someone else must have had a problem with 65S.

Thank you for getting back to me.

11 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Ripcord, yes, the first thing I did was let it scan all the way through.

Only then did I do a search on both sides and it didn't come up on either the enable or disable side.

I bought three airports today and this is my usual procedure after each one.  One at a time.

Install it, run as admin.

Run FTX Central to look for updates.

Then go to the Vector AEC tool and let it run its full course.

Then I run the sim.

I tried searching here six ways to Sunday but with the forum search function I can't even find my own post.  Very odd.

I imagine someone else must have had a problem with 65S.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Hey Jack - One thing I noticed that was missing on your install procedure was running the latest Orbx Libraries after each airport install . Not sure if that will help you with this issue but I hope you get sorted out my friend . :):)

Cheers

John

14 minutes ago, BradB said:

Hey Jack - One thing I noticed that was missing on your install procedure was running the latest Orbx Libraries after each airport install . Not sure if that will help you with this issue but I hope you get sorted out my friend . :):)

Cheers

John

Hi John, I didn't know I had to do that as FTX Central shows it has the latest libs file.  I guess I can try to download it now and try it.  Thanks for your advice.

EDIT:

My FTX says I have the latest libs, as I am downloading it I compared version numbers, I have the same and they're both 6 September 2016.

8 hours ago, TreeTops said:

Is this with P3D? Search for earlier 65S Bonners Ferry threads for a link to a newer file which is missing from the P3D installer but is correct in the FSX installer.

The out of date file is the culprit for the elevation issue.

8 hours ago, TreeTops said:

Topic

Bonners Ferry (65S) Elevation Issue

Hi TreeTops, despite my best earlier searching I could find nothing on Orbx's forum, I hope they fix it.  When I used the words you gave me I found that thread but it's old, it goes to back before the new FXT Central.

I'm not sure what to do, in it someone said Nick provided a file?  But I don't see a file.  I'm at a loss what to do as I'd like Bonners Ferry to work.

I'm sure someone with a link to the file will pop in soon. 

In the meantime, might be worth searching the scenery folders for any other 65S scenery that could be conflicting. That's another common reason for these elevation issues. 

Archived