KEGE Blending issue into OpenLC NA

fabs79

Hi all,

I did a flight from KJAC to KEGE today and noticed some very ugly transition between the KEGE photoscenery and the surrounding Landclass:

junBKiT.jpg

XN47xZg.jpg

As you can see the scenery doens`t blend very nicely, there is a very hard transition between the KEGE PR and the landclass textures around.Now I know that Jarrad Marshall usually tries to blend his scenery into the surroundings as good as possible, so I wonder if it has something to do with OpenLC NA which I installed a few weeks ago. I faintly remember that I already did this flight a while ago (only had FTX Global without openLC NA installed back then) and I didn`t notice an ugly transition like that. Also the landclass seems a bit off, very desert-like textures for the Rocky Mountains region KEGE is situated in. So maybe it`s not a problem of the KEGE scenery but rather the OpenLC NA product? I reran the migration process just to make sure that everything went okay, and I ran the MigrationTroubleshooter, but there weren`t any issues reported.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers, Fabian

EDIT: don`t mind the green and purple bars in the screenshot, I was testing out the new NavAid tool of Prepar3d V3.4 at that time

Hi,

I own FTX Global, OpenLC NA and KEGE and textures blend well.

I think you should verify all these 3 products are well installed AND that they are all well declared and activated in the scenery.cfg file, because it seems (to me :blink:! let the guru orbx staff to answer) that you've got only the default textures...

4 hours ago, gr.eg said:

Hi,

I own FTX Global, OpenLC NA and KEGE and textures blend well.

I think you should verify all these 3 products are well installed AND that they are all well declared and activated in the scenery.cfg file, because it seems (to me :blink:! let the guru orbx staff to answer) that you've got only the default textures...

Thanks, I suspected that something must be wrong with my setup. Could you be so kind and post a screenshot from roughly the same position so I can see what it should look like?

Cheers, Fabian

On 24.10.2016 at 3:48 PM, Rob Abernathy said:

Hi Fabian,

If you have OpenLC NA installed then maybe a check in FTXCentral/Tools/Library Insertion Points is in order.  Make sure the FTX entry is above the OLC entry, save, and check again.   Hope that fixes it up for you.

Rob, my Scenery.cfg entries seem to be in the correct order, however I noticed there is only one single entry for OpenLC NA, while there are ten entries for OpenLC Europe. Is that correct? my scenery.cfg at this point looks like this: (I´m only posting a small fraction of the scenery.cfg to save you the trouble of reading through thousands of lines):

[Area.135]
Title=Langley_AFB
Local=Scenery\Cities\KLFI_Langley_AFB
Layer=135
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.136]
Title=FortRucker
Local=Scenery\Cities\FortRucker
Layer=136
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.137]
Title=Bathymetry
Local=Scenery\Bathymetry
Layer=137
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.138]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_BASE
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_AA
Layer=138
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.139]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_NA1
Layer=139
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.140]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE9
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU9
Layer=140
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.141]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE8
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8
Layer=141
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.142]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE7
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU7
Layer=142
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.143]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE6
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU6
Layer=143
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.144]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE5
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU5
Layer=144
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.145]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE4
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU4
Layer=145
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.146]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE3
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU3
Layer=146
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.147]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE2
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU2
Layer=147
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.148]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE10
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU10
Layer=148
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.149]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU1
Layer=149
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.150]
Title=Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority
Local=D:\Prepar3D v3\FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords\Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority
Layer=150
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.151]
Title=Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority
Local=D:\Prepar3D v3\FSAddon\Tongass_Fjords\Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority
Layer=151
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.152]
Title=FTX_NZSI_08_CUSTOM
Local=ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZSI_08_CUSTOM
Layer=152
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.153]
Title=FTX_NZSI_07_MESH
Local=ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZSI_07_MESH
Layer=153
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.154]
Title=FTX_NZSI_06_CVX
Local=ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZSI_06_CVX
Layer=154
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

You seem to be missing this entry:

[Area.131]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_NA2
Layer=131
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Maybe just a reinstall of the OLC NA would fix it up.

Make sure your Insertion Point setup in FTXCentral also looks like this.

1523c39868f57662b145c6dd0386de3f.jpg

On 26.10.2016 at 6:00 PM, Rob Abernathy said:

You seem to be missing this entry:

[Area.131]
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2
Local=ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_NA2
Layer=131
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Maybe just a reinstall of the OLC NA would fix it up.

Make sure your Insertion Point setup in FTXCentral also looks like this.

1523c39868f57662b145c6dd0386de3f.jpg

Rob, I reinstalled OpenLC NA but still didn`t have the entry you mentioned above, so I added it manually to my scenery.cfg. And indeed, the landclass around KEGE changed a little - the area bordering to the south of the KEGE photoreal is a little greener now, so the transition at this point looks a little better now. But the northern border between the photoreal and the landclass is still very obvious because the yellow/red desert-like rock textures shown in my screenshot above remain in this area, Could you be so kind and post a screenshot from a similar position so I could see how it is supposed to look?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

Took a look.  Here's a shot from about the same spot as yours.  I'm not seeing the stark difference at the PR boundary as in your shot, so I'm puzzled that your reinstall of OLC NA didn't add the NA2 folder to your scenery library.   I can only think of a few items such as 1. making sure the "migration" was done successfully 2. Insertion points for OLC and FTX are correct 3. run the FTXConfigurator.exe in the Orbx/Scripts folder to add the scenery that way (after first removing it from your library within the sim)  Past that I'm afraid you may need to ask Jarrard about the boundaries of KEGE or one of the Devs may chime on that understands the OLC a little better than I'm explaining.  Hope you get it all sorted out, it looks great once set up.

30f2c1f4f00200245c870dd261e4d366.jpg

Rob, your setup looks very different from mine, KEGE seems to blend very well if everything is correct. So I guess I have a more serious problem with Open LC NA.Could it be that I'm missing some Global Textures ? In my setup the area around KEGE is covered with those yellow-brownish rock textures you can see in my first Screenshot. As a reinstall of open Lc didn't solve this, do you think I should reinstall FTX Global to make sure all the textures are present? And if yes, do I need to rerun the migration process afterwards? 

Hi fabs79,

Have a look in your scenery library for:

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2

If you dont see both entries, browse to P3D/ORBX/Scripts and double-click:

FTXConfigurator_OLC.exe

FTXConfigurator.exe

This is a silent operation with no conformation, after doing so, recheck in sim and see if any difference

2 hours ago, Tim Harris said:

Hi fabs79,

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2

FTXConfigurator_OLC.exe

FTXConfigurator.exe

This is a silent operation with no conformation, after doing so, recheck in sim and see if any difference

Tim, I ran the two files and now I have the two OpenLC NA entries, but the scenery still doesn?t look like in Rob´s screenshot. The Landclass is distributed slightly differently, but I still have those yellow-brown textures all over. I guess I´m missing some FTX Global textures, so maybe it would be a good idea to reinstall Global? When I have the time I´ll consider it, but do I have to run the migration process again afterwards? As I said, the Migration troubleshooter doesn`t report any error, all the lines are green, so there must be something else that is wrong. I´ll double check if I have any other scenery installed that might be cause for a conflict, but I doubt it.

Thanks again, Fabian

@fabs79  "Tim, I ran the two files and now I have the two OpenLC NA entries, but the scenery still doesn?t look like in Rob´s screenshot. The Landclass is distributed slightly differently, but I still have those yellow-brown textures all over. "

Delete the "Shaders" folder here:

C:\Users\*You're User*\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

and see if you get similar picture to this:

KEGEtexture.jpg

That's what we really have.

Cheers,

Voyager

@Voyager: unfortunately no change after deleting the shaders. Still the same yellow deserts. Guess it's not easy to solve. Does anyone know which land class tiles and textures are called on the border of the scenery? Maybe I'm missing some files. 

9 hours ago, Tim Harris said:

Hi fabs79,

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2

FTXConfigurator_OLC.exe

FTXConfigurator.exe

Tim, I just noticed another thing: when I run the Migration troubleshooter program, there are no errors reported (everything´s) green), but Open LC NA doesn`t even appear on the list although I have it in my scenery library and it is listed in FTX Central 2. Is that normal?

Thanks again,

Fabian

OpenLC is already 'migrated' as it was released after the unified system, so it wont show in that message

It would seem you now have both the OpenLC NA entries active

All I can think of is perhaps re-run FTXGlobal followed by OpenLC (should only take a few minutes), then open up FTXcentral and let it do its thing

Cheers, Tim

On 30.10.2016 at 11:48 PM, Tim Harris said:

OpenLC is already 'migrated' as it was released after the unified system, so it wont show in that message

It would seem you now have both the OpenLC NA entries active

All I can think of is perhaps re-run FTXGlobal followed by OpenLC (should only take a few minutes), then open up FTXcentral and let it do its thing

Cheers, Tim

Tim, reinstalling FTX Global Base and Open LC NA did the trick, everything looks as it should now. I guess I had a corrupt FTX Global Base install, I faintly remember that other regions I flew in lately (PNG for example) looked strange, too, though it was less obvious. I still don`t understand why the issue wasn`t detected by the Migration Troubleshooter. Anyway, you can mark the topic as resolved.

Thanks again everyone!

Archived