PNW - Double Shorelines

Hi guys, 

I have a problem I can't fix. I have FTX PNW and I was trying to install a bunch of additional sceneries to go with it, using the compatibility guide here in the forum. At one point I stupidly installed Vacnouver+ only to realize that I don't have the updated FSX version, which doesn't even seem is available any longer. So I uninstalled Vancouver+. But now I have double coastlines all over the Seattle area. Looks like default coastlines interfering with the FTX stuff. I suspect that the Vancouver+ routine reactivated some files that FTX PNW had disabled and now I have a mess. I can't for the life of me figure out which files are the culprits. Is there a list of default files that should be disabled as part of the PNW install that I could check? Please help. Thanks in advance. 

Misha

Unsure what files are installed by Vancouver+ but it may install some files in additional areas of the directory rather than just Vancouver+ Scenery & Textures. I also don't know how you uninstalled it. Is there an uninstaller with the addon that removes every part of it?

As a workaround you could try reinstalling PNW and see if it over writes any "debris" left by Vancouver+

Yes, Vancouver+ has an unsinstaller. I assume it removes everything it *installed*. My suspicion is that it *restored* default files that were previously *also* deactivated by PNW. IK am not sure how to uninstall and reinstall PNW. I don't see an uninstaller and FTX Central doesn't seem to offer that option either. How do you make sure to do a clean uninstall and reinstall of PNW? Thanks again. 

Misha

Hi Misha,

both Vancouver+ and PNW work with excludes for waterbodies and shorelines meaning no default files are deactivated nor do the two product change any files of one another.

Perhaps post a couple of representative screenshots because those tend to be much more helpful for a diagnosis of the issue than verbal descriptions.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

perhaps you've installed some of the compatibility files for the FS9 version of VancPlus as well? Search your entire FSX installation for files that include "HL915140" as part of their names and post their full names and paths here.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

could well be that the issue is with the FlightZone pack. What happens if you uncheck the FZ02 entry? Also, try searching for "91514" or "91515"; it's the numbers that actually indicate the location, the prefixes or suffixes may be different.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Misha,

do a search for FlightZone on this forum and elsewhere as this topic has been discussed before a number of times; for example:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/60133-portland-2010-kpdx/

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?50554-FlightZone02-Portland-Patch-for-FSX

Cheers, Holger

• 3 weeks later...

OK. I think I fixed it. I removed all HL*, HP*, RD*, RR* and ST* files from the FZ02 scenery folder, as well as the fz02mainexcludeb.bgl and fz02-marina01.bgl for good measure. Seattle looks normal again and so do the shorelines along the Columbia River in Portland. I might have overdone it with removing some of these files, but I don't seem to be missing anything, unless someone knows what these are good for and why I should keep them. 

Hi Misha,

thanks for getting back to us. FYI, HL* denotes shorelines (hydro lines), HP* waterbodies (hydro polys), RD* roads, RR* railroads, and ST* streams, all of which should indeed be deactivated.

fz02mainexcludeb.bgl sounds like some kind of exclude for default components (and should also be deactivated). Not sure what fz02-marina01.bgl is but possibly some object placement file for a marina near the airport.

Cheers, Holger 

15 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

fz02mainexcludeb.bgl sounds like some kind of exclude for default components (and should also be deactivated). Not sure what fz02-marina01.bgl is but possibly some object placement file for a marina near the airport.

Yes, that's what I assumed. Since I wanted the PNW shorelines and not the FZ02 shorelines, I deactivated everything that has to do with that, including any boats that might end up on land.

Archived