FTX Regions upon FTX Global Base, Vector and LC

Bram Stikkel

Recently I installed the full NA Global LandClass product. Before doing that, I had to remove all NA FTX regions because of lack of space on the harddisk.

I think the several region add-ons are a still more detailed version of parts of the Global products.
Is there a simple way to delete those parts of Global Base, LC and Vector that are actually redundant when a FTX Region pack is installed ?

GLOBAL products are designed and certainly do improve many things worldwide.  However deleting ORBX Regions because you don't have room on your HD is NOT the way to go.  GLOBAL installers already take care of any conflicts with ORBX Regions which your attempting to do manually.

To experience ORBX scenery at its best both Global and Regions need to both exist on your HD.  Today HD prices are not that prohibitive and I would suggest you try and pursue obtaining a larger HD so you can experience ORBX as it was designed.

Another solution, I believe some users have done, is to have their scenery on another HD with links.  I'm not a computer expert but I think perhaps other can chime in here and explain it better.

I'm one of those that posted about linking ORBX scenery, and tried it for a few weeks.  My primary concern was performance before, and after.  I was unable to determine a plus or minus, other than freeing up disk space.  As you know, if you are an experienced FSX user similar to me, you might find great performance one day in FSX at a certain location, and less than stellar performance the next day at whatever location you are flying.  FSX can be a difficult program to measure.  Another fact is the HD that I copied on to has slight lower performance specifications than my dedicated FSX HD, which also makes practical measurement difficult. 

Linking is not all that difficult physically, but the parameters can be somewhat confusing.

Thanks you all for the ideas and advises. I will see what solution I will choose. Maybe the bigger HD is indeed the best solution, although ssds are still a bit pricy if you want a bigger one. But that will probably be a matter of having patience... :-)
Enjoy simflying !

Archived