KPSP - Gate 9 - Missing from Parking Assignments

XCLTM3

Hi Jarrad,

was wondering if you would be kind enough to investigate this issue. When using GSX and arriving at KPSP, GSX does not recognise Gate 9 (Jetway) at the main Terminal building.

Since GSX reads the afcad, and since Gate 9 is also missing from FSX ATC parking request - I assumed it was an issue within KPSP.

Even the gate numbers and assignments in some instances don't seem to match/marry up or even display with the GSX parking feature. Please see the attached screenshot.

If I'm wrong, please let me know.

Much appreciated.

KPSP_GSX.jpg

G'day XCLTM3,

You are correct that a couple of the gates (including #9) will be missing from the APX - these correlate with spots that are occupied by static aircraft (if you have that option enabled). This is done on purpose, and due to the various combinations of static aircraft configs at KPSP, it's not possible to have alternate APXs for the various options (unlike some other airports such as YBCS, where it is possible). 

Regarding non-correlating numbers with gates - let me know any specific circumstances. I've just done a spot check for both terminals at KPSP and everything lines up as it should at my end. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

2 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day XCLTM3,

You are correct that a couple of the gates (including #9) will be missing from the APX - these correlate with spots that are occupied by static aircraft (if you have that option enabled). This is done on purpose, and due to the various combinations of static aircraft configs at KPSP, it's not possible to have alternate APXs for the various options (unlike some other airports such as YBCS, where it is possible). 

Regarding non-correlating numbers with gates - let me know any specific circumstances. I've just done a spot check for both terminals at KPSP and everything lines up as it should at my end. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi again Jarrad,

thanks very much for your response.

I understand the conundrum regarding Gate 9 - perhaps I'll learn to live with it. :) But if you ever get the hankering to change your mind and free up all the Jetway gates at KPSP - I'll be a happy little vegemite!

In terms of the Gate numbers (ie Jetways) and GSX not correlating, this is what I found:

KPSP                           GSX

Gate 8   =                    Gate 6 

Gate 6   =                    Gate 8

Gate 4   =                    Does not appear in the GSX list (I'm assuming just like Gate 9 this is due to static a/c?)

Gate 5   =                    Does not appear in the GSX list (I'm assuming just like Gate 9 this is due to static a/c?)

Thanks for taking the time out to look at this - much appreciated. 

PS: not trying to butter you up - I love this airport (KPSP) as much as your KJAC - not only is the airport itself smack-on, but the surrounding scenery - particularly the mountains, are breathtaking!

Rgds,

Steve

Archived