ORBX Australia - Missing lake

M.Yang

Lake Gregory in Western Australia is missing.

This is a very large permanent lake, but the landclass seems to be incorrect and there's nothing on its location.

However, the outline of this lake can be seen in the "map" of FSX.

This lake is very important to a flight plan of mine. I hope something can be provided to fix this issue.

Regards

#FSS0503224

1.jpg

2.jpg

Hello M.Yang,

This may have well been missed, although Australia has a famous reputation of having a Lake, Creek or Dam, then suddenly it disappears, this is very typical given our harsh environment. Lake Eyre will back me up on this!. I guess the short of the story is, it may not have been there at the time. ;) But will look into it for you.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to ORBX Australia - Missing lake

Hello M.Yang,

The lake is fed by Sturt Creek, which in turn is reliant on Monsoonal rain, there is no adjoining outlet so evaporation is common, June, July and August are the only times the Lake is abundant with water. I will take a guess that water in the lake was not present when development was taking place. 

Hi guys,

interesting. Looks like Lake Gregory sits on the boundary between the previous AU RED and GREEN subregions but didn't make it into either. Odd that it hasn't been noted before in all these years since the original release.

We don't have any updates to the AU packages planned at this time but I'll try to dig out some suitable shoreline data during the next few days and will post the file here as a hotfix. Watch this space...

Cheers, Holger

Archived