mount cook new zealand

keives

I wonder if anyone else can check,flying out from mount cook runway away from the mountains i have five or six tiles in what can only be

described as the mud texture,they are showing up as what looks like petrol refinery textures never had this post v2 central.Everything migrated successfully just wondered if anyone else was experiancing this.Other than this everything all good.2016-9-26_20-59-16-590.jpg2016-9-26_20-59-16-590.jpg  

Hello Keives;  Your screen shots are correct, and wrong ...... have a look at google earth and do a search for "Mount Cook airport".  It may suggest "Mount Cook Airport, Canterbury" but that's the same place.  From Google Earth you'll see historic water ways from the mountains leading to Lake Pukaki.  Probably caused by an old glazier or something.  The airport is built on this gravel like surface.  

Your screen shots are correct in as far as the gravel water ways are concerned, but wrong with the buildings.  There are no buildings at all between the airport and lake.

Bruce R    

Hello Adam;  The scoured water ways are correct.  It's all gravel from the mountains to Lake Pukaki.  The clumps of 'refinery textures' should not be there.  Looking at your forth photo, the small clump of buildings second down from the top will be the Mount Cook Hermitage Hotel and several houses.  Apart from those buildings, and the airport itself, there are no other buildings to speak of between the mountains and Lake Pukaki, i.e. in the area you have shown.  I've actually been there and stayed at the Hermitage.  That whole area has been scoured by the glazier ice over the ages and it's just baron. 

I have P3D latest version with Orbx NZSI.  It depicts the area very well with none of the 'refinery textures' Keives and yourself are getting.  So, from all the screen shots above, the terrain is correct, but the 'refinery's' shouldn't be there.

Regards

Bruce R 

Adam; I just clicked on your forth photo to enlarge it.  That clump of buildings second from the top is not the Hermitage.  I've just noticed the airport in that shot.  The Hermitage is as far above the airport and nestled in against the hill, as it is below the airport in your photo.

Cheers BR

I have Global Base and Global Vector, together with ORBX NZSI.  I do have ORBX England in my arsenal, but don't have it installed.  I only fly around NZ and Australia so I haven't bothered to install it when I converted over to P3D. 

I've just opened up P3D and gone to NZMC.  As you're taxiing along the runway to R13 the Hermitage and buildings are seen clearly against the hill at 10 o'clock.  I have FSX Mount Cook Airport scenery done by Michael Allen-Andrews installed.  It works okay in P3D.  Good scenery, I recommend it.  (Avsim)

BR

Here's some shots of my Mount Cook Airport area.  They may appear a bit squashed up as I run twin monitors to get the whole panel on my screen.  Regardless I'm sure you'ill get the idea of what my MC area looks like.  Bruce R

2016-9-27_16-58-11-589.jpg

2016-9-27_17-0-5-965.jpg

2016-9-27_17-2-22-885.jpg

Thanks Adam for looking, i am running fsx also have england scotland and wales and australia.I have flown a lot of different places in NZ

but this is the only place i have seen any anomolies.I have forced migration many times i have got nigel farage on  my back,but this was mainly

i was getting the blurries but all is good now.As i have said all the files have migrated and no problems.

I checked the same area in my FSX (which has also been migrated) and everything displays normally. P3D definitely has a problem.

It's possible that my FSX install was from a much older FSS archive (possibly not even the quadruple version), whereas my P3D version would have had to have been the quad version. There may be textures that exist in the old (FSX-only) archive but have somehow been missed in later builds. I'll pass this on to the devs.

In the meantime, however, I'm going to reinstall NZSI into P3Dv3 from the latest FSS archive.

Adam.

UPDATE: I did a complete re-install of the latest NZSI (v.1.30): same problem.

Hi

Not sure if this helps but:

I have P3D V3.2, basically all of orbx regions global vector etc but not many of the airports and mine if fine, as the screen shot below.  I did do the disable vector thing for Australia.

2016_10_1_7_43_28_788.jpgupload gif

PS

I have also checked FSX which is also fine.

Hope this helps a little.

Bob

Archived