Logitech buys Saitek Company

shermank

With a cash and support infusion from Logitech, I think we can expect better products and support ahead from what has been the Saitek brand. Anyone interested in discussing pros and cons?

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/178088/20160917/logitech-acquires-mad-catzs-saitek-for-13-million-why-the-company-wants-the-joystick-maker.htm

Sherm

I've got Saitek Joystick and throttle quad.  Very good they are too.  However, if Logitech can improve the support I'm sure it'll be a good move for potential new buyers.

John

15 minutes ago, wolfko said:

A merger like this always means less competition and this is - bad!

Logitech never made yokes or quads. Hopefully they can develop a little better quality then the current Saitek. There is a middle price skew missing, you either spend 150 bucks for a hunk of dead plastic and springs or 500 bucks for aluminum and pulleys. Build something decent for 300 bucks.

3 minutes ago, Double J said:

Logitech never made yokes or quads. Hopefully they can develop a little better quality then the current Saitek. There is a middle price skew missing, you either spend 150 bucks for a hunk of dead plastic and springs or 500 bucks for aluminum and pulleys. Build something decent for 300 bucks.

But both companies are/have been producers of joysticks.

It currently seems like all flight sim related stuff from Saitek is out of production. Yokes, throttle quadrants, pedals etc., all out of stock. I managed to snatch one of the last Cessna yokes in the country. I hope this will change with Logitech taking over, but I wouldn't count on it. Logitech has stopped production of nearly every steering wheel except the G29, so they seem to be downsizing. Which makes it more surprising that they'd acquire Saitek...

Archived