Australia SP4 Not installed correctly

Navigator

Hi Team,

I have purchased a brand new computer and running windows 10 64bit. The very first install I have done is Australia SP4/ Holger Mesh & Flytampa Sydney (to date no other installs).

The first flight I loaded up gave blurry ground textures and the Orbx autogen/textures aren't appearing and artefacts are occurring at the end of the runaway at Sydney?

I did the migration process within Central V2. I also set FTX below Sydney at the insertion point but to no avail.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Hi.  FTX should indeed be below Sydney.  I was having some strange artefacts recently after installing FT Sydney and discovered I did have some missing files from the migration process.  After a lot of stuffing around I fixed that issue, but the issue of morphing ground textures (blocks of texture changing as you fly) remained just outside of the FT Sydney scenery.  After a bit more research I discovered you need to turn off the FlyTampa/Sydney_LC folder if you have FTX AU active.  The FT landclass folder should only be used with Global, and not with FTX AU.

Also run the ORBX migration troubleshooter tool to see if there are any missing files after your migration.  I'm notsure if the migration wold have done much anyway if you have only installed FTX AU, as it is meant to change files if you have different regions and/or Global installed.  Perhaps wait until you have installed more regions before trying the migration again.

Cheers,

I have now installed Global and it hasn't improved. There is also ground flickering at Melbourne V3 now I've installed that too and all of the high rise buildings in Sydney, Melbourne etc are all flickering black?

Orbx your help would be appreciated.

thanks

no I don't have the DX10 preview enabled. Somethings wrong because I just installed PNW now from a vanilla FSX product and there are small lakes and corrupt textures in PNW.

I thought the introduction of FTX Central V2 fixed all these headaches?

Archived