Install Procedure for Global openLC NA with openLC NA Alaska/Canada

Stofvel

Running FSX (SP2) with Win 7. Just purchased Global openLC North America but haven't downloaded this as yet.

I assume it is OK to simply install this on top of my previously installed Global openLC North America - Alaska/Canada, without having to uninstall. All products have been updated to current and other than terrain from Altiport de Courchevel from LLH Creations, Orbx Global, Vector and LC products + Orbx Airports are the only terrain items installed.

Any help with this is appreciated.

Also, post installing Southern California, my frame rate took a bit of a hit - can I expect more frame rate degradation with the installation of openLC North America?

Again any info or recommendations is gratefully appreciated.

Brian

You can install Open LC NA over the Alaska\Canada version, no need to uninstall

anything, the installer is designed to deal with this.

There are those who report a "frame rate hit" with virtually every new product and those

who report no frame rate hit too.

I would suggest that you install it and see how it affects your set up.

Can you install any of the ftx terrain regions on top of or after you have installed the new openLC North America? I want to purchase more regions in the United States but I have already bought and installed the new openLC north america. Would there be a problem doing it in that order?

Thanks.

You can install Open LC NA over the Alaska\Canada version, no need to uninstall

anything, the installer is designed to deal with this.

There are those who report a "frame rate hit" with virtually every new product and those

who report no frame rate hit too.

I would suggest that you install it and see how it affects your set up

Sorry for taking so long getting back. Thanks Nick for that. This will save some time. Are there any changes to the Canada/Alaska portion of the Open LC NA upgrade or do these pretty well remain the same.

I realise the frame rate hit question is subjective and depends largely on hardware specs, but the system I am using is a relatively new  i7-4770 3.4 GHz processor with 16GB RAM and an NVidia GTX 760 video card. I run the FSX settings slightly lower than recommended to maintain as fluid a frame rate as possible, and am hoping to keep same. If anyone else has similar specs and can offer input - much appreciated.  I will test it out and see how it goes. 

Thanks again Nick.

Brian

Brain,

the newer FTX OPEN LC NA installer will make any changes that might be needed to the LC provided by the older Alaska\Canada LC.  The installer checks your installation and either adds or modifies LC in the Alaska\Canada area to conform to the new LC provided by FTX OPEN LC NA, as well as adding all the LC for NA.

the newer FTX OPEN LC NA installer will make any changes that might be needed to the LC provided by the older Alaska\Canada LC.  The installer checks your installation and either adds or modifies LC in the Alaska\Canada area to conform to the new LC provided by FTX OPEN LC NA, as well as adding all the LC for NA.

Thanks spud for that. The question was intended to elicit what visible modifications, if any, were made, to the Canada and Alaska regions, over the original - not the process.

Is there a list of viewable modifications in the update for Canada and Alaska,  or has anyone noticed?

Can you install any of the ftx terrain regions on top of or after you have installed the new openLC North America? I want to purchase more regions in the United States but I have already bought and installed the new openLC north america. Would there be a problem doing it in that order?

Hello Pepperman - I am not a moderator for this forum, but I believe orbx installations are automatically prioritized according to program requirements, regardless of chronology. 

Also should I be installing updates on a regular basis. For example should I install the FTX Global vector 1.35 1.40 and 1.45 if I haven't?

Pepperman - again not a moderator for this forum, but maybe Nick or someone else can verify my response to you - I run FTX Central V2 every few weeks or when I've been away from FSX simming for a while - The program will automatically verify what updates or library modifications are required for your particular Orbx installations - in order to stay current, which you may choose to install - or not. These include fixes and improvements. The folks at Orbx have gone to great lengths to ensure their survival and our enjoyment with simming with well thought out product advancement and maintenance. I for one am thankful for that. Hope this helps Pepperman.

Brian

Archived