Future airport?

Will Westlake

17 hours ago, Ripcord said:

That is the devils triangle for FSX performance -- really tough sledding there, if you have Jon Patch's works loaded along with FSDT Vancouver. 

I have FSDT Vancouver, but am currently running Orbx's version as a flight from KFHR (Orbx's add on) up to Vancouver would get me OOM errors in FSX-SE.

Now I'm on P3D v3 which should be better - anybody run FSDT Vancouver and the full compliment of Orbx add one without an issue with OOMs in P3D - and is travel between them possible without OOM?

Thanks

Steve

I use FSDT Vancouver + PNW + Vancouver3+ (plus the ORBX airports around there) and fly quite often in the area and never had an OOM so far in P3D3. However, here comes the catch: (i) I only fly GA (Alabeos and Carenados) and (ii) I use a hardware panel driven networked with no panel on display.

Kind regards, Michael

Cool - thanks Michael - perhaps I'll give my FSDT Vancouver Int'l a try again now that I have P3D - it was beautiful with good FPS if I remember correctly.

I took us off track of the original poster's topic (sorry) so let's get back to that - I agree, Victoria Int'l is one of my "go to" airports and would make for a PERFECT Orbx airport.

I worry about the devils triangle effect though.

In FSX I ran Don's freeware Victoria but in P3D have only used default PNW Victoria and it's not bad either - but the full Orbx treatment would be great.

Steve

On 22/08/2016 at 9:29 AM, Stewart Hobson said:

Don Grovestine has a freeware version of CYYJ and it's compatible with FTX PNW.

I do use that and have been for several months. It is very good don't get me wrong lol. I spend a LOT of time up at YYJ and I can say it is VERY accurate. Even the new RCAF helo hanger complemented with the new Cyclones that we don't have yet lol (that I know of)

On 23/08/2016 at 1:24 PM, Republic DC-9 said:

I have FSDT Vancouver, but am currently running Orbx's version as a flight from KFHR (Orbx's add on) up to Vancouver would get me OOM errors in FSX-SE.

Now I'm on P3D v3 which should be better - anybody run FSDT Vancouver and the full compliment of Orbx add one without an issue with OOMs in P3D - and is travel between them possible without OOM?

Thanks

Steve

I run P3D and that is one of the airports that NEVER gives me OOMs no matter what. I just flew into FSDT YVR with the PMDG 777, Goldstar textures, OLC Canada, Vector, ASN + ASCA and had no problems. Also I have found that ORBX airports are pretty good on VAS.

On 8/23/2016 at 1:32 PM, pmb said:

I use FSDT Vancouver + PNW + Vancouver3+ (plus the ORBX airports around there) and fly quite often in the area and never had an OOM so far in P3D3. However, here comes the catch: (i) I only fly GA (Alabeos and Carenados) and (ii) I use a hardware panel driven networked with no panel on display.

Kind regards, Michael

Michael,

I purchased some home cockpit plans for my fathers 80th birthday today and this will be a long term project for us. You mention using a networked hardware panel.  I would like to what this is because we will be making a major wish list and that will be at the top of the list.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

mine is an XTOP 

http://www.agronn.com/#!xtop-pro-flight-panel/c21yg

equipped with Cessna Yoke, Pedals, TrimWheel, and TMP as Controls. In addition it contains Switch, Radio, Multi Panel plus 9 FIPs. All these devices are connected via several HUBs (the XTOP contains one already) to a networked laptop. This one runs the SPAD.next driver 

https://www.fsgs.com/forum/

which drives all the Saitek devices (all controls within P3D off). The gauges are by Tom Tsui

https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/

Here's an earlier image. Scenery is by ORBX, of course (NZNI).

flight_simulation_big.jpg

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks and nice setup, I will look into that.   What I am most interested is the instrument panel flight and navigation gauges because I have not found many other outlets for these other than buying multiple Saitek Pro Flight Instrument panel gauges.

Mike

There are some "real" hardware gauges out from VirtualFly including VOR & friends, however these cost even more than the (already expensive) FIPs and lack their flexibility. If you'd go that path check here e.g.

https://www.virtual-fly.com/shop/flightpanels/solo-flight-panel

Don't forget to add prices for controls... but this is no doubt a neat setup.

Another set of FIP gauges making use of some more advanced SPAD.next features (notably for A2A planes) can be found here

http://www.fipgauges.com/index.php

altough I find Tom's (which I bought earlier) quite nice. As far as I know, these are the only two high-quality FIP gauge providers.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks, I just wish I did not have to purchase additional drivers (SpadNext) for the Saitek hardware when they should be provided by Saitek especially when you are paying the $$$ amounts for Saitek hardware.  Then you have to purchase additional software from Tom and fipgauges for added functionality.   We may look look into Sim Innovations for a software instrument panel as a short term solution. 

Mike

Sim Innovation is a clever solution indeed. Obviously it can run networked, too, which might be well worth trying if you'll go that path. At least on my hardware, I got microstutters as soon as I connected a second screen (for GPS) or the 9 FIPs directly to the flightsim PC (using the Saitek drivers at that time). Took me quite a while to identify the cause.

Good luck and

kind regards, Michael

Archived