Trees & bushes on runway/taxiway

This is about the 4th airport I've visited in OpenLC NA where there are trees or bushes covering part of the runway and/or taxiway. I just reinstalled the latest Libs yesterday, so I know that's not the issue. This is at KLND in Wyoming. Any ideas?

Treesonrunway.jpg

I've also seen trees in several airports on taxiways and parking areas since installing openLC North America. All I have installed are "Global" products (Also have Trees HD, possible cause?) . Sometimes they are right in the path of the FSX "progressive taxiway" and you have to drive around them.

I hope there will be a global fix for this because the list of airports seems to be growing.

For KLND, at least, I've confirmed it IS OpenLC NA. No OLC, trees gone. With OLC, trees there. As Mach 2 mentioned, this seems to be a fairly prevalent problem in many places with OLC NA. And no, it wouldn't be HD Trees as that's just texture replacement.

Would love to have an ORBX developer chime in on this issue.

I have the same issue at default KHRT airport (Mary Esther Field, FL), with trees and vegetation all over the East tarmac near the helicopter parking spots. Posted this in another thread about FL airports, but seems that anybody from ORBX is aware of these issues.

Cheers, Ed

You just need to post one order number for support. I suspect 1 of 2 things with the lack of response from ORBX on this issue. 1 - they don't monitor this LC Support forum as often as others and/or 2 - they are working on the issue and don't have it resolved just yet. Hopefully someone from the team is looking into this and can let us all know what we can expect for resolution.

From a similar thread in this forum, referencing the ORBX developers:

(thanks Nick)

Nick Cooper

• Orbx Team
  •  
  • Nick Cooper
  • Moderators
  • team_staff.png
  • 5,724 posts

Thanks Kevin,

They are aware and I have been told that a fix is imminent.

Regards, Nick
sig_moderator.png
PC: I7 4790K 4.0 (4.4 turbo) Ghz, GIGABYTE GA Z97X Gaming 7, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 4GB GTX 970 OC Windforce 3, Windows 10FSX Gold Dx10.

11 minutes ago, James Haley said:

I found trees and buildings on runways, taxiways, and parking areas and roads down in the Florida keys. 07FA and KEYW to be specific. And this is with the update.

Order #:  FSS0511482

I've some in Key Largo but, curiously, none in Key West !

Hi Folks,

One of the reasons for not getting a quick answer is that there are several groups involved here, Vector, Pilots, and ORBX.  I've contacted the groups involved and volunteered to fix any airports that are not accurate enough to fit the accurate shorelines, lakes, LC etc.  I can do them quickly as "misfit" airports and have them released in Vector updates.

I have noted all the airports mentioned so far and will put in time to get them fixed, but.....  KMCO has been already been fixed and the issue is not with the ORBX airport files, it looks OK here. I can't speak for the payware KJAC, I'll be fixing default airports.

If anyone has other airports that need fixing please add them to the "Misfit" thread.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Fruel2016,

Ah, an interesting dilemma.  You're correct, there are buildings all over KVNY but this is a OLC_NA issue (I think).  Let me ponder a bit to come up with a suitable solution as I'm not sure why this is happening.

Cheers, Neil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived