Cars in parking area at KABQ

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, JS07 said:

Thanks Stew, I just did a complete force migration and then ran the troubleshooter and all is well, all green.  I still have desert where there should possibly be grass, I'm gonna post some more screen shots.

I did a second look, and I have desert where you indicate.  But cars are on a tarmac of sorts, not on sand.

1 minute ago, Stewart Hobson said:

I did a second look, and I have desert where you indicate.  But cars are on a tarmac of sorts, not on sand.

Hmmm…I'm going to run FSX which does not have the new OLC installed yet and see what I see, THEN install the new OLC into it and see what I see.

P2Qarwo.jpg

YoBLRTM.jpg

bowdEyK.jpg

I have no cars any where they are not supposed to be.  I have one lone fir tree in the middle of an apron a slight distance from the water tower.  Next to the water tower there are trees on the apron.  This bug hunting is a real chore.

Jack,  I was looking at a slightly different place.  I can see where there are cars parked on the sand as in your screenshots.  So I don't think there is a big problem.  I wouldn't bother switching back and forth with OLC NA on or off.  Like Dave, I saw a couple of misplaced trees, but nothing that obstructs taxiing to or from the runways.  Nothing big out of the ordinary.  If there were buildings obstructing runway or taxiway access, then I would be concerned.  I'm off to fly now.  Catch y'all later this pm.

This time in FSX Boxed - New N/A LC NOT installed.

Now you see 'em, now you don't!  :)  As I flew around that spot the cars would appear and disappear like magic.  Must be the Harry Potter version of KABQ!  :lol:

It must be something in the code with FSX and P3D.  So I'm okay with it, just another "sim'ism".

cU3oHCH.jpg

Gnw3YWh.jpg

Jack, herewith one pic in FSX DX10, OpenLC NA, but no vector, for direct comparison to your last pic. You will see, that on your side there must be an additional airport scenery included with several improved hangars, buildings and the parking cars. Furthermore there is a second adjacent airport light tower instead of normally one.

KABQ_FSX_default_2.jpg

1 hour ago, Hangar24 said:

For what it's worth Jack, I have the same as you with the cars and duplicate terminal buildings.  Can't find any duplicates for KABQ.  P3Dv3.3.5.

Hi Jimmy, do you think it's really duplicate terminal buildings or just that I have my sliders full right?  I only ask because I've never been there in real life and I don't use google Earth.

Jack

Looks like to me there are buildings overlapping other buildings; likely a duplicate AFCAD file but I can't find it.  Maybe something Vector is doing but I have yet to investigate further.  Something definitely not right.

It's part of Vector's adjustments.  There is a parking lot there on Google Earth and the buildings' foot prints look somewhat similar to what's on Google Earth.  Just not very well done.  Needs some asphalt under the parking lot for one thing.  It's kind of messed up.  Probably need to go find another AFCAD for KABQ and put it at a higher priority.  Anyone have a fix for this?

Archived