openLC NA Houston We Have a Problem

I've also seen trees in several airports on taxiways and parking areas since installing openLC North America. All I have installed are "Global" products. (Also have Trees HD, possible cause?) Sometimes they are right in the path of the FSX "progressive taxiway" and you have to drive around them.

I hope there will be a global fix for this because the list of airports seems to be growing.

On 8/8/2016 at 8:33 AM, pete_auau said:

No issues  here  although  not using  default  kiah but  payware  so could only  effecting  default airports

Hi Pete,

Same here, so I think the payware has excludes which hide the trees because when I switched to default I got the trees.

15 hours ago, airernie said:

Hi Pete,

Same here, so I think the payware has excludes which hide the trees because when I switched to default I got the trees.

Hi  think  this  could be related  to the freeware global airports have  to wait  till one of  the devs  can confirm  this

4 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Hi  think  this  could be related  to the freeware global airports have  to wait  till one of  the devs  can confirm  this

Negative. Trees are still there when I disable the Orbx Global freeware airports. However, trees are gone when I disable the two OpenLC NA  entries in the scenery library. This is P3D v3.3.5.

Hi Pete,

FWIW your guess in your first post is correct in that these 'trees and roads where they don't belong issues' are all associated with default airports and locations. Your Houston payware airport either has a LC exclusion or if it's higher up in your scenery library (above the openLC entries) then it will overwrite whatever FTX openLC is telling the sim to draw for the default airport in that same area.  (I always keep my payware airports at the top of my scenery library so there's no question that they will display as intended).

Anyway my only point in starting the thread was just to make sure the Devs were aware of the issue so it's on their list of things to look at for future patches.

Cheers, Kevin  

Archived